Sunday 5 August 2012

Watermelons yo!!!

^For lack of a good title :/

I like watermelons so watermelons nails are good in my books.

Watermelon Nails 2.0
I was quite messy as I was worried I would disturb everyone in the house with the smell so I rushed. I will call it "being artistic". I think they're fun and good for summer.
Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Green: Rimmel - Misty Jade
Dark Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
White: Natural Collection - White (no name)
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black (no name)
Jade Is The New Black is a new purchase -_- I broke my ban again, I kind of knew that it wasn't going to go that well. It was not on my wishlist also. But my aunt offered to buy me nail polish and you do not pass up these opportunities!!! But now I am serious about my ban. Seriously serious, no more I say!!! Fighting!!! *Punches air* etc. Even though I haven't used it much I am looking forward to. I went a bit crazy with the seeds, it can really make the difference, too little or too many seeds and it just won't work. I went the "seedy" way, but it still looks ok. I still like it :)

Watermelon Nails 1.0
And these are my original watermelon nails, done in January. Though my cuticles aren't great they have been much, much worse. I didn't have a dark green then (and still didn't til recently) so I substituted with gold, which actually worked. I boosted the colours in this photos, but it's only slightly brighter.
Pink: Madame Milly (part of a french manicure set) - Pink (no name)
Green: Barry M - Mint Green
Gold: w7 - Golden Sands
White: Natural Collection - White (or some other white that was extremely gloopy)
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
I really liked that pink but it was very small and got thrown away. My watermelon nails went down well with people I knew and people I don't know. e.g. Cashier in the airport :) But looking back, I needed a dark green.

No comments:

Post a Comment