Friday 24 August 2012

Geek Nail Challenge: Kirby

Week 3 of the challenge. It's been so much fun. This week is Games and Gaming, um my expertise. I have mentioned before I am a massive Nintendo fangirl. Honestly I haven't been so obsessed for a while, but slowly I am going back to me obsessed self (but a more toned down version).


Kirby is not my favourite Nintendo character by a long shot. But he's so cute!!! Also I checked, Kirby is a he, pink being such a manly colour. I haven't played many Kirby games, only a couple. Kirby's Epic Yarn is amazingly cute, ok it's also ridiculously easy (you can't die in that game) but everything is made out of yarn ^_^ I played for a few seconds on the Gameboy Advance (something to do with Dreamland) until my cousin decided I sucked and didn't let me play. Kirby is also the easier character to play with in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, this is why I try to branch out to other characters e.g. Mr. Game and Watch. He is hilariously bad. Anyway after that ramble, to the nails!!!!

I liked the way I did both hands for this design (which normally isn't the case). This is my right hand, it's inspired by a cutepolish design. She did it with Pikachu which I have previously done, so I thought about doing the same design but with Kirby. The other Kirby characters (i.e. Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe) are also really cute but I really wanted to do this design. It's very simple, I made it harder for myself by being crazy about the positioning of the eyes etc. -_- Typical me. Cause it wasn't looking right, but slowly I realised it was the mouth that was the problem. But after that was fixed, yay cute!!! It looks more like a Pokemon than Kirby, but I couldn't get the eyes closer together without putting them both on the middle nail. AHHHH I'm going to stop pointing out my flaws -_-

Then my left hand, where the eyes were slightly wider apart. I also prefer the mouth of this one (again details only I care about -_-)
Light Pink: Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream
Dark Pink: No7 - Me! Me! Me!
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Natural Collection - White (salvaging what's left of it)
Probably the hardest part of the design was using Strawberry Ice Cream. So gloopy, it dragged so much. 2 coats was already a struggle, 3 coats a battle. I don't how I've used so much, for one pale pink does not suit me at all. But it is a nice colour. And it wouldn't be a manicure without me whacking my nail against something, but again I managed to fix it.

Thank you for battling through this really rambly post, and check out everyone else doing the challenge!!! :)

6 comments: