Wednesday 29 August 2012

Geek Nail Challenge: Animal Crossing

It's the final week of the challenge :( Ultimate geek. I don't think I'm an "Ultimate geek" in any aspects. But I did nail art inspired by the game that got me into Nintendo, something that I'm a pretty big geek about.


As suspected by the title, that game was Animal Crossing: Wild World. I had played some Nintendo games before that, but I wasn't really exposed to gaming and I knew nothing about different platforms or anything. I was maybe around 8 when I played Animal Crossing. That game... Who knew mundane tasks could be so fun? That game can absorb your life if you let it. Yes it's that addictive.

I could not get this to photograph properly, my natural lighting place couldn't be used today cause it got dark SO early (mild exaggeration)!!! My camera wouldn't focus, lighting problems and all that business.

I painted a few characters from the Animal Crossing series, I chose random characters as I don't really have favourite characters from Animal Crossing. I probably painted them too small and it would've been easier if I painted them bigger (but I never make things easy for myself -_-). But they're cuter when they're smaller ^_^ On my thumb is the generic girl character (can also have brown hair etc. depending on how you answer the questions at the beginning), then from left to right it's Sable, Tom Nook, KK Slider and Brewster.

My detailed orientated self is obviously not completely pleased with the neatness, but it's still cute (it looks better in real life though, I promise). I really like Sable's pink freckles :3
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Light pink: Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream
Pink: Per Una - Pink (no name)
Peach: w7 - Linen
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Pale yellow: w7 - Sheer Lemon
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine
Light brown: Paris Collection - Cocoa Drop
Brown: Paris Collection - Mauve Melody
Dark brown: w7 - Brownie
Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Models Own - Snow White
(It's probably sad that I really like listing the polishes I used :/)
Took me a long time, but I am happy with the outcome. It was also refreshing working with a white nail polish that wasn't gloop city.

I've had so much fun with this challenge, and check out everyone else doing the challenge :D

8 comments:

  1. Wow you did a great job. Looks like a fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that game too :p You did a really great great job. It's so amazing, I would never be able to draw so tiny details!!! What is the brand of your detail brush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!!!! I don't use a detail brush, I actually don't own any brushes. I use toothpicks :)

      Delete
    2. And you can do that with toothpicks??? It's even more impressive

      Delete
    3. Haha thank you for your sweet comment :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, Love your work, Its pretty amazing. Can you please tell me how can you do this? I want to do this in my hands. I also love this game series very much that I collect at PIJ. Its really awesome.
    http://bit.ly/animal-crossing-3ds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, it's definitely a great series. I did this a while ago, I think I started with doing the basic outline of the character and I looked at pictures to position the features and I added them in. I recommend looking carefully at pictures. Sorry for being so vague but I'm not so sure how I did it either :P

      Delete