Friday 10 August 2012

Geek Nail Challenge: Snoopy!

Hey! If you couldn't tell by the title I'm doing the Geek Nail Challenge by Girl on a Shoestring. I basically thought it was perfect for me cause I am a massive geek ;)


I also think it's an extremely cute challenge, I was suckered in the moment I saw it (that sounds weird :/). You can do 1-7 manicures on the week's theme, but I think I'll do whatever comes to mind :) Also I mentioned in a previous post that I wanted to do a Snoopy mani and this was the perfect opportunity.

Snoopy is adorable, end of. I think I liked the comics (can't really remember) except now when I read comics I don't understand them at all. Maybe the humour just isn't me. I like comics for the pictures. I know I really wanted to do the iconic Snoopy lying on the red doghouse, so I just decided to also get Woodstock in there as well.

 I started with a base of The Face Shop - BL601 (here shown with Models Own - Indian Ocean layered over). I had to do pictures of this combination. If I were to name it, it would be called "Pretty". The purple shimmer doesn't really come up, but SO PRETTY. I am so impressed with The Face Shop polishes, the blue is gorgeous, that's all that needs to be said. I decided a while ago to layer Indian Ocean over every blue toned and purple toned polish :D But anyway back to Snoopy.

                                                 Let the sleeping dogs lie

My white nail polish, like every white nail polish I own has gone extremely gloopy, it wasn't too bad but now it is :( But it only happens with white nail polish. I don't know if it's just me :/ It was very difficult to work with, but I had no other alternatives.
White: Natural Collection - White (no name)
Black: Lovely Me:Ex: Black (no name)
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine


Something I would've done slightly differently is make the clouds neater. They're kind of just randomly jumbled and some order with the clouds would've looked better.

Also check out everyone else doing the challenge :)

8 comments:

  1. This is very cute! I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome!! :D I have the same issue with white polishes, I have to add polish thinner all the time. I think it just comes along with an opaque white polish's territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awk thank you so much!!! :D Haha thank goodness it isn't just me :P It gets irritating so quickly, it makes white nail polish my most purchased >.< ;)

      Delete
  3. This is really cute!!! You really managed to do small details perfectly. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my gosh you have the same idea I was going to do!! I think you probably do it better though! :P

    ReplyDelete