Sunday 12 August 2012

Faster, Higher, Stronger

Hello! This is my Olympic mani, kind of late. Ahem the last day of the Olympics... :/ But I have been watching and I love the Olympics. I'm not a sports fan at all, but on the 2nd day of the Olympics I saw an event with my uncles. I was hooked, and apparently I get really intense during archery, I bet my cousin was thinking "Why won't that girl shut up". But yeah, loving it. Or loved it, since it's pretty much over now :/

It's simple but effective. This is for celebrating the Olympics, because the Olympics are something to be celebrated :D Hopefully. I had a lot of ideas e.g. putting some of the sports on my nails, but the state of white nail polish is in it wasn't going to happen. Also I didn't really feel like it. I knew I definitely wanted to use the colours of the Olympic rings. I thought of different patterns on top but polka dots is what I went with in the end. So it's super basic, but I really like it. It actually looks pretty cool. Especially when posing ;)
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Light Blue: The Face Shop - BL601
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine
Pale Yellow: w7 - Sheer Lemon
Black: Topshop - Gypsy Night
Silver: Professional Nail Art - Silver (no name)
Dark Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Mint Green: China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Pink: OPI - Excuse Moi!
That's one coat of Blueberry Ice Cream in the pictures, and I was actually neat for once so I could get away with one coat. Unfortunately a different story for Rimmel Sunshine, 4 coats and really streaky, thankfully the dots covered it. The polish is quite old though. And um E-Nuff Is E-Nuff is a new polish :/ It was in a set, so I actually got 3 new polishes (but I'm going to give at least one away!!!). I can now see how nail polish collections can get rather large, when nail polish is cheap you buy!!! But I'm going to do a full manicure with E-Nuff Is E-Nuff another time, I thought it was amazing in the bottle, currently I can't really tell. I'm too distracted with all the other colours ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment