Wednesday 20 August 2014

The totally doable I have a life challenge! - Tropical beach

Hey there my cool dudes!! I guess I'm just gonna take my time posting this challenge, but hopefully I'll get most of it up this month. I hope you're having a really nice time right now. Tomorrow is a kind of scary day as I'm getting my results to the exams I did. Haven't really been thinking about it but hopefully it will be ok?
Anyway today's prompt was tropical and of course you know what else goes together like tropical and beaches? Nothing, that's what.

I decided I wanted to challenge myself instead of doing something I do all the time. I want to push myself ya'know. So I decided to paint a nice beach scene, with artsy elements? I tried to do fancy sand and fancy water and I really happy with how it turned out. I think the palm trees look cool and you know I like that starfish.
I wanted a sunset sky, which I was wary of but I think in the end in worked out. Honestly I was a bit wary of the whole design but yay it worked!

So the gradient was done with a sponge, I had some yellow too but that got covered up by the sea. After the base I did the sand where I did lots of little strokes and dots with my toothpicks. For the sea and the leaves of the palm trees I used a similar method by doing lots of fast strokes of the toothpick.
For other beachy elements I just got the toothpicks and painted them. I changed my mind for he colours of many things; the heart of the towel was changed too many times.
Also fun fact, I originally had a bucket on my index finger but it was such a fail that I scraped it off (professional me) and just painted the sea and sand over again. It was a good move though, that bucket was a mess.

Base: OPI - Charged Up Cherry, Etude House - Play #60, OPI - Where Did Suzi's Man-go? and Topshop - Naked and M&S - Maize hidden under the sea
Sand: w7 - Linen, M&S - Sun Glow, Ciate - Cookies & Cream (I think) and M&S - Golden Sands
Sea: H&M - Blue My Mind, M&S - Ultraviolet and Barry M - Blue
Foam of the sea: Barry M - Matt White and No.7 - Snowflake
Brown: w7 - Brownie
Palm tree trunk: Nails Inc - Porchester Square, M&S - Champagne and Paris Collection - Mauve Melody
Palm tree leaves: OPI - Jade Is The New Black, Rimmel - Cool Jade and Barry M - Kiwi
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Purple shell: Barry M - Berry Ice Cream and Illamasqua - Jo'Mina
Starfish: Barry M - Carousel
Towel and hearts: Barry M - Guava and the hearts are Barry M - Fuchsia and Orly - Basket Case (just to name a few)
Umbrella: American Apparel - Neon Yellow, Models Own - Beach Party, OPI - Minnie Style for the parasol part and the stand is Lovely Me:Ex - Black and w7 - Silver Mirror
Flip Flops: Essie - Fear Or Desire, Rimmel - It's A Scorcher! and Illamasqua - Nomad

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a real nice day!! :P :)

4 comments:

  1. These nails look great, I love how vibrant it all looks, I can see you spent a long time and a lot of hard work on this manicure :) I hope you were pleased with your exam results. I feel a million years old thinking back about exams! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I really like the description of vibrant, it's great!! Yeah haha honestly probably spent a bit too much time ;) Yes I was very pleased with my exam results and glad that the tension is over!! :D

      Delete
  2. How did your exam go then? Good marks? Anyway, this manicure is just awesome, one of your best. This is probably one of my favourite beach scene manicure ever, I love the colours. The beach and the sea are perfect, and you chose the perfect background colour, and everything else is also stunning, amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think so, I'm happy. I got all A*'s and A's :) Thanks so much!! :D That's seriously such a nice thing to say!! Awk I put a lot of thought into these manis and I'm so glad you like it!!! :D ^_^

      Delete