Monday 25 August 2014

The totally doable I have a life challenge! - Rose french tip

Hi there!! Another episode of the challenge here. Today was french tip; I feel like french tips get a lot of hate nowadays. But I don't think they're too bad. Whilst it's rare that I do a french tip; before I started blogging (this was a while ago) I used to do quite funky french tips. I was even going to throw it back to when I would do glitter gradient french tips and they were pretty cool.
I think french tips are disliked cause they're boring, but I brought it upon myself to do a cool, visually simulating french tip (how ridiculous do I sound right now?) for the prompt.

Hey I tried, and I really like it. It's quite delicate which is something I like about this manicure. I very much like the look of the bundled roses. It's a tried and tested design, it gave it a good chance to succeed. I also thought through my colour combinations of the roses, I chose the more neutral background for them to stand out.

I suck at roses, it's something that's very hit or miss for me. I think I just about hit here, but close to falling off the target. I used the method of blobbing 2 colours beside each other and getting a bobby pin to dab in the middle of the colours and paint 'c' shapes. it didn't work out very well here cause there was no definiton cause the roses are quite small. So after I got another toothpick to make the rose shapes form. And I just painted the leaves with toothpicks.

Yellow: Topshop - Naked
Pink and orange rose: No.7 - Me! Me! Me!, OPI - Where Did Suzi's Man-go?, Barry M - Fuchsia and Per Una - Fuchsia (no name)
Red and beige rose: Barry M - Carousel, Nails Inc - Sao Paulo Streets and M&S - Poppy
Purple and blue rose: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina, Barry M - Berry Ice Cream, OPI - My Current Crush and Essie - Lots Of Lux
Green leaves: Illamasqua - Nomad and Barry M - Kiwi


Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment