Saturday 30 August 2014

The totally doable I have a life challenge! - Saran wrapped japanese jungle tree

Hi there guys, I know, I have posted quite the title. I've tried saran wrapping (or cling filming) once before and I have to say I really liked the results. So I decided to make it the background for a Japanese jungle tree. I know that's not an actual thing, I just have been wanting to do nail art of a Japanese tree since I saw a painting in Japan which was so nice but I couldn't take a picture (cause of a camera ban in that museum). I based this version off of memory and randomness.

 Ok so the saran wrap got eaten, but I wore the saran wrap look by itself for days and I really liked it. I like that if you feel one area is taken up too much with one colour, you can just keep dabbing until you feel it's right.
With this tree I did the leaves purposefully weirdly, they're oval shaped with some kind of support underneath with yellow spots. I don't know why but I felt like this tree would be in the jungle.
I liked the blue flowers, that was the colour of the flowers in the painting. But the flowers weren't as big in the painting and my flowers are big by accident, it just kind of happened. I was going to add more detail but I really like them the way they were so I left them. Which sometimes is the right decision :)

You know how the saran wrap is done. Saran wrap really does sound much fancier than cling film.
I started with the tree trunk which was all curly and cool but then I painted the leaves over and that masked all of that. The flowers did that even more. As you can imagine it was all toothpick. I know this section might seem redundant but sometimes I write the different toothpick techniques I use :P
Finally I fished for some glitter and randomly placed them around. You know I always need glitter but I felt the flowers needed some dotty friends(?), so the glitter came in.

Base: OPI - Japanese Rose Garden (Coincidence? I think not! But actually not cause I planned it)
Saran wrap colour: Max Factor - Cool Jade
Brown: w7 - Brownie
Green: Illamasqua - Nomad
Yellow: Topshop - Naked
Dark Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black and China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard
Blue: M&S - Ultraviolet
Dark Blue: H&M - Blue My Mind
Sparkly Blue: Essie - Lots Of Lux
Teal glitter: Claire's - Dizzy


Thank you for reading and I hope you have a really lovely day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment