Wednesday 1 January 2014

SImple purple flowers + hot pink glitter

Hi there guys!!! Welcome to the new year *manly whoop*!! To a year of good times, being kind and less procrastination. And welcome back to PlumeriaPainted, I love florals and it's nice to start the year that way. Inspired by Mr. Candiipants cause this floral design was a stroke of genius, so easy to do yet looks so good!! The colour combos are endless and I just love her nail art, it's incredibly funky and on another note she is just hilarious!!
Also I feel like I want to mention her cause of the whole stealing issue that we've been all hearing about and unfortunately Candice has been affected by. I'm appalled with the stealing and frankly I think it's sickening, this is hard work created by talented artists and it's carelessly being stolen for profit (and probably to aid egos too). There are plenty of places to read up about it if you want to so I'm not gonna go into it.
I always give credit when I'm inspired by another, it's common decency really, and they deserve it! I can imagine she who will not be named stealing from me (which is something I'd hate to happen) and her getting away with it cause this place is so small, but people are catching on and hopefully she'll be stopped. She's stolen from the big dogs, obviously someone is going to notice!!
Lol that got deep, sounds like something from a fantasy movie (;)), sorry to start the post with a mild rant but it's been very apparent lately. Anyway to the nails, we are now back to focusing on the nails!!!

I was stuck with what to do with my nails then flowers appeared, then all the glitter. I thought the design could do with more pink so glitter was the answer. I told myself to use less glitter in designs but I don't think I can do that, expect lots of glitter this year (and all the years)!!! I quite like this, it's simple and sweet. Also the odd appearance of the square glitter is cool.

The flowers were done with the brush of the polishes, so easy to do. Also I used no black nail art pen, I placed black glitter and I really liked it. The hot pink glitter was a mixture of dabbing and placing, I wanted quite a lot of glitter. My bottle of Minnie Style has more pink due to me placing the white glitter in that polish in various designs.

Peachy pink: Barry M - Princess
Glitter: OPI - Minnie Style
My bezzie bought me another bottle of this cause she is the best, I feel like 2 bottles is fine and also they are very different. My current bottle has squares (not to mention a big decrease in white glitter) and my new bottle has no squares and an equal amount of pink and white glitter (obviously not exactly equal) :)
Purple (lightest to darkest): Essie - Lilacism, Barry M - Prickly Pear with Topshop - Razzmatazz, Illamasqua - Jo'Mina, OPI - My Current Crush and OPI - Plum & Get It
Black: the black glitter from Barry M - Ruby
Green: Barry M - Greenberry


Thank you so much for reading (ma lil' rant lol) and I hope you have a great day!! :)

2 comments: