Tuesday 31 December 2013

Colourful geometric trapezium + glittery versions

Hello there you wonderful people, here we are, last post of the year. Is this appropriate for New Year's Eve? I don't know and I don't care, though the glitter probably constitutes it as appropriate. As always I'll just be chilling at home for NYE (I only realised what this abbreviation was this time last year), I also never realised people actually did crazy shizz for New Year, I like home and I like the internet. The internet is a happy place (sometimes :P).
Anyway I love me some geometric designs so I went to Google, asked for some geometric designs and found this funky trapezium one, though trapezium makes me sound like a nerd, I like it that way :)

I love this, geometric designs are the bomb. And you know me, add all the colours and I'm in love. I just LOVE colour!! If there is any way I can pack in all the colours, I will.
This is pretty insane, it's like of like those 3D boxes without the box part. Then I had to add glitter strips, I was going crazy clearly cause I placed all that glitter, I love the look and honestly I didn't mind all the placing, I actually find it quite fun, I want to create all kinds of placed glitter looks. I added a black outline cause I can't help it, but black outlines are awesome. Maybe this would've been better with a white base, but I really like the crazy glittery pink base, adds to the chaos.

This actually wasn't too hard to do, see there's no proportioning or any of that nonsense to worry about. I did my black outline, got a white base and filled the colours. Though I went over the black outline again after I painted the colour.
For the glitter rows (I intended to do more glitter rows but I painted without thinking and a glitter row was lost) I got a toothpick and placed every single piece of glitter, it was only hard for the green glitter in Rainbow Connection cause it was stuck to all the other colours of glitter in the bottle so I had to first find the green glitter then attempt to separate it. Having that glitter on the tips was bad cause I kept poking myself with it and it's rough.

Ok as you can guess I used a lot of colours for this, I know no one cares but I love listing polishes so bear with me ;)
Base: Barry M - Dragon Fruit, Barry M - Fairy Lights and The Face Shop - CMX321
Black and white base: Lovely Me:Ex - Black and Lovely Me:Ex - White
All the colours of cremes: OPI - Charged Up Cherry, Nails Inc - Baker Street, The Face Shop - GR501, Rimmel - Sunshine, The Face Shop - PK105, Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream, Essie - Fear Or Desire, M&S - Sun Glow, Barry M - Guava, Essie - Tart Deco, OPI - My Current Crush, Illamasqua - Jo'Mina, M&S - Poppy, Max Factor - Cool Jade and China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard
Black glitter: Barry M - Ruby (the black glitter in it)
All the glitter: OPI - Rainbow Connection, Orly - Ridiculously Regal, OPI - Polka.com, Orly - Go Deeper, Hare Polish - The Teen Queen, Barry M - Superdrug Xmas LE 2012 B and OPI - Minnie Style

I feel like 2013 went quite quickly, not as quickly as other years though so I'm hoping that there's a chance that life isn't going past obscenely fast. I didn't have the greatest year in real life (oh real life :/) but it wasn't the worst either, hopefully 2014 is a good one full of improvement.
Guys thank you for following my blog over the past year, I had a good year here (excluding the odd blip), I feel like my nail art, photography and hand care (definitely hand care) improved and it's been enhanced so much by your awesome comments and just your reading which I really appreciate. Thank you for reading my crazy thoughts and taking a look at my nail art, to another enjoyable year on PlumeriaPainted!! Hope you have a fantastic day and great start to your new year!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment