Wednesday 25 December 2013

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me

Merry Christmas to all you celebrators!!!! Writing up this post before our festivities begin. Ok the fact that I'm showing this polish around Christmas again is merely a coincidence. Every year at Christmas time I bust out this polish, it's because I got OPI Rainbow Connection, Christmas Eve 2 years ago and I blame OPI for releasing that in the winter collection 2 years ago. Also it was my first ever OPI (and only growing since haha :P). The song is so cheesy and cute and my aunt introduced it to me and it's all so sweet and appropriate so it's my Christmas mani (and um another design, I can never match ;)).

So there's little Kermit with his banjo in the forest, I feel this manicure translated WAY better in photos and as always I'll take it, it's a Christmas miracle haha. I really liked the rainbow nails before the glitter and sandwich, there were just rainbow stripes and they looked awesome, I'll be doing a manicure like that sometime soon.
While I might not have watched a Muppets movie ever, I connect them with Christmas because of OPI, see nail polish does influence things (as if we didn't know that ;)).

I wasn't up for painting a really detailed forest that was just going to be painted over so I did an abstract scene and I really like it. I just sponged on a bunch of colours and for the wood I did brushstrokes with various brown polishes.
I sandwiched the glitter which might not have been the best idea but the glitter does look better in my opinion though the base did pay for that. Also I mattified the design cause I do love matte nails and I haven't had them for ages, I really like it matte.

Green of Kermit: Illamasqua - Nomad and China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard
White: Barry M - Matt White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Pink: Essie - Your Hut Or Mine? and OPI - Japanese Rose Garden
Silver: w7 - Silver Mirror
Rainbow nails (from red to pink): Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff, Essie - Fear Or Desire, Rimmel - Sunshine, Illamasqua - Nomad, Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream, Illamasqua - Jo'Mina, Barry M - Dragon Fruit and the white base was Barry M - Matt White
Rainbow glitter and jelly: OPI - Rainbow Connection and M&S - Soft Pink (just a warning, don't expect to see this one again, it's so sheer, probably for french manicures which is the exact reason you probably won't be seeing it again)
Blue: Revlon - Dreamer (how appropriate right?)
Sponged base: Barry M - Prickly Pear, Barry M - Dragon Fruit, Max Factor - Cool Jade, China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard, OPI - Jade Is The New Black, Essie - Turquoise & Caicos
Glitter on the base: Barry M - Aqua Glitter, OPI - Last Friday Night and Rimmel - Disco Ball
Brown: Paris Collection - Mauve Melody, w7 - Brownie, Ciate - Cookies & Cream and The Face Shop - GL112
As you can tell many polishes were used for this manicure, it's Christmas, the time to use all the polishes :P

Thank you so very very much for reading and I hope you have a blessed holiday!!! :)

2 comments: