Saturday 14 December 2013

Poinsettia Nail Art

Hi there guys!! Happy weekend once again!! I thought once my exams were over I'd be a free woman but it seems the opposite has happened and I'm busier than before :/ Thankfully I have the weekend to catch up on things but really I should be watching movies everyday and not having to revise for tests and preparing powerpoints :/ I know that sounds very silly but surely the lead up to Christmas should be more relaxed, which is a reason I haven't got as many posts up as I've wanted to. I did get to decorate our tree today which was very nice.
I have poinsettia nail art today and it's one of my favourite floral nail art that I've ever done :)

I think the difference this time was the fact I outlined with the corresponding colours instead of black. Now I love a black outline (you probably could tell) but this change was lovely, personally I'm very proud of this and I think it's quite pretty. Also all the petals were proportioned which is very important to me. It just worked and for my floral nail art can be a bit of a unknown factor for me.

I wasn't sure at all how this was going to turn out and yays for it working but it was random and not controlled. I did a "gradient" but the colours were too close together for it to show up. And not like it was a good gradient anyway, it was going to be covered up. Then I did the red petals and I was just hoping they were the same size and did the same for the leaves.
I tried the Deborah Lippmann topcoat again and it leaves a manicure very smooth but there's the chance of smudging (thankfully there's only a little bit here), I've decided when there's no exposed white or black in the design I'll use this topcoat (cause my Color Club one is slowly running out :().

Base (from moon to tip): M&S - Champagne, The Face Shop - GL112, M&S - Golden Sands sealed with China Glaze - Luxe and Lush
Red petals: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff and OPI - Jinx (I love Jinx :))
Red outline: Barry M - Raspberry
Green: Illamasqua - Nomad (my favourite green polish, just saying)
Dark Green: Rimmel - Block Your Green!
Mustard Yellow: Topshop - Naked


Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I also like the colours for the outlining! It is nice not to use black sometimes! ^^ Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very very much!!! :D Yeah I think I'll be outlining with colour a lot more, I think I abuse black outlines haha :)

      Delete
  2. I love the undie color that your used. It looks almost like foil! I have a top coat that I found on Instagram that NEVER smears. It is hands down one of the best ever. Here is a link to their website: http://glistenandglow.bigcartel.com. Also, I am always looking for new followers. I would love if you check my blog out: http://saraxashleysnails.blogspot.com. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I think it does too :) thanks for the link too, sounds really good. Hopefully I can find the Color Club topcoat again cause that one is fab too (never smudges either, that's why I don't like trying new topcoats :P). I'll definitely try to check it out if I have time :)

      Delete