Sunday 25 January 2015

Pink Nails: Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream

Hi there!! #swatchmarathon and we are here again, I really stalled on swatching this one cause my bottle is so ridiculously low and the formula is mad mad gloopy because of that. But I persevered and got it done. Not gonna lie it wasn't easy, it was thick and there were topcoat complications but I'm happy with the swatch I got at the end haha.

Strawberry Ice Cream is a pale pink cream and while that's really all there is to it it's a shade pale enough that it's unique to my collection and it is nice.

This was from the Ice Cream pastel collection thing ages ago now, and it was one of my first ever polishes. I used this so much which is why the bottle is so low now. I liked the colour even though it really doesn't suit me haha.

This was 3 coats and it was streaky but it wasn't obvious. That's the tip of the iceberg, I'm going to write about the formula as if the bottle wasn't really old. It's pretty thick and gloopy from the get-go but not that bad, it's definitely a polish that builds. The 1st coat is not opaque at all, there are worse formulas but this one still isn't the best. When I had to apply this I had to keep the bottle on its side and go wild with the brush. Getting a full coat was difficult.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment