Sunday 11 January 2015

Valentine dripping chevron nails

Hello there guys!! I hope you are doing well, unfortunately for me I'm back to school tomorrow which is a sad time not gonna lie. I would've been back earlier but I'll explain why in another post. School is always full steam ahead and I have so many things I have to do -_- As I always say, after a while you might not see me much haha. I know it's much too early for Valentine's things but this colour scheme evokes those thoughts.

I was so taken with dripping chevrons the last time I did them that I had to do them again but with a different colour scheme and chunkier chevrons. I'm not impressed, I really need to revise that colour scheme cause it doesn't work and the thinner chevrons look much slicker and better. Overall I'm still pretty happy with this design cause the concept is cool but nothing special.

I did the chevrons randomly with toothpicks in a zig-zag fashion. I added the drips after finishing all the chevrons. I made the mistakes of putting colours too close to each other beside each other so I had to add sparkles in some form. This is matte again, I've seriously matted everything now that I have a proper matte topcoat and everything looks so much sweeter when it's matte.

White: Barry M - Matt White
Blue/pink glitter: Nails Inc - Sweets Way
Black/red glitter: w7 - Lava Flow
Gold: w7 - Golden Sands
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Light Pink: Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream
Dark Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry and Color Club - Wing Fling
Orange: Etude House - No. 60
Pink: Orly - Basket Case and Models Own - Radiant Pink
Light Red: Barry M - Carousel and OPI - Jinx

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a brilliant day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the colors, it's never too early for Valentine's day :) Matte topcoat is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I agree, I love girly colour schemes like that!! Haha it really is, now I have a proper matte topcoat a whole world of possibilities have been opened :)

      Delete