Thursday 1 January 2015

Who's that Pokémon? Jirachi and Fletchling in a pear tree!

Hey guys!! Happy new year!! I'm cautiously hopeful about this year, I'm determined to make it a good one on attitude alone (this is like motivational talk here). I had a really nice 2014 and that year was crazy :P I'll be doing my favourite polishes of last year soon, I love nail polish haha. I'm a busy gal on blogging will almost definitely be taking the backseat, I've been obsessed with the holidays though, doing fun things and being generally refreshed ;) Anyway I see no better way to start the year than with Pokemon nail art, this is one thing to expect more of, I adore Pokemon. This design is somewhat Christmas theme but I think it works for new year too!! :)

What I was going for was a Christmas tree kind of idea, you know from the 12 Days of Christmas so that's the whole Fletchling in a pear tree thing and the green and glitter for the tree. But the tree is so bling which is so NYE (not even my new year's manicure :/). I didn't really do much Christmas nail art so making up haha.
So there's Jirachi who's a legendary and while I didn't paint it so accurately I think it's pretty cute!! And the lil bird is Fletchling who's the standard bird pokemon from the 6th generation (Pokemon X and Y looks incredible). So cute, Fletchling is adorable and while the combination of Jirachi and Fletchling is really random, Christmas ties them together. Oh yeah cause Jirachi is a star.

I began with a white base for both pokemon and did the colours with a toothpick and brushes and then did the black outlining. Eyes are hard to position and scale haha. Jirachi's crazy head thing was also hard to proportion. I love the glitter in this design, I wasn't sure if it would work over the green but it was perfect for channelling tree ornaments and that glitter is just fabulous.

Base: Illamasqua - Melange
Glitter: Barry M - Starlight
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White and Barry M - Matt White
Yellow: Ciate - Loop the Loop
Jade: Max Factor - Cool Jade and Essie - Naughty Nautical (but I painted over that)
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Red: OPI - Jinx and OPI - Dutch Tulips (I picked the wrong shade of red but it's really not a big deal :P)
Grey: Barry M - Chai


Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a great beginning to the year!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment