Sunday 4 January 2015

Party Polar Bear Nails

Hey there guys!! This is what I had on for New Year's, I don't really do anything special but I attempted to do something a bit more appropriate. Like last year I spent New Year's chilling at home and like the cool dude I am I practised the piano as the clock hit midnight hahaha. I reckon we're still in winter so polar bears are still a thing.

I love bears. Ok real life bears aren't as cute (or probably friendly because real bears have to defend things in the wild but whatever) but cartoon bears are my fave. While I like the polar bears I painted I feel like they could be cuter. But I like the colourful eyes and ears. To make a party you overload everything with glitter, it's a rule. A real one.

I did a gradient that you can't see at all but it was actually a pretty good one. I drew the base of the polar bear with a white pen then filled in all the details. Positioning was harder than I anticipated, I wanted the eyes and nose balanced and the white shine to not be overbearing (see what I did there). Added all the glitter around the bears and you can guess that that leads to a thick manicure. My bezzie gave me a matte topcoat for my birthday and I had to rock it, and it's so much better than my other matte topcoat, everything is going to be matted.

Base: M&S - Champagne
Black: Rimmel - Black Pearl and Topshop - Gypsy Night
Flakies: Essie - Shine Of The Times and M&S - Light Mix (which looked so sweet)
Glitter: Claire's - Fluffy and Barry M - Amethyst
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White and Barry M - Matt White
Black details: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Blue: Essie - Bikini So Teeny
Teal: Barry M - Guava
Purple: The Body Shop - A Grape Affair
Pink: Barry M - Superdrug Summer LE 2013 A

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment