Friday 11 January 2013

Top 10 Nail Polishes Of 2012: Part 1

Hello there wonderful people. I have my top 10 polishes of last year, I am very excitement. I'm a bit later than everyone else but not too late!! :P I love lists (that makes me sound like a freak :P) and favourites so this is perfect for me. These aren't all polishes that came out in 2012, but I know a lot of them did. These are all polishes that I love, and find myself using them over and over. I'm going to do this in 3 parts, from 10 to 1, which is a bit random but I want to give some love to these nail polishes :)

10. Barry M - Hologram Hexograms. A clear base with lots of hexagonal pieces of holographic glitter. I adored holographic glitter, I really do. I find this polish enhances manicures, whatever the design, polka dots, flowers, galaxies etc. It makes it better. Since it would be pretty redundant to do a swatch of this, I have some pictures of this polish in action :P

31 Day Challenge - Half Moons
Hello Kitty Gone Wild

9. Barry M - Indigo. A dark blue/indigo creme (kind of). It's one of my favourite layering polishes. I used 2 coats, my bottle is well-loved so there's little left so it wasn't completely smooth for me. Sorry for the crappy picture, I got 1 picture on my camera (which was SO colour inaccurate) and then my camera died. My phone ended up being the saviour but it's not very good quality but colour accurate (I'll probably re-swatch this another time). 

I used Indigo in my favourite layering combo

8. Barry M - Blue Moon. Yeah bit of a Barry M party. Blue Moon is a pale blue with blue shimmer. I love that blue shimmer which I find really difficult to photograph. It was my first favourite polish, then I found another ton of polishes but it still has my heart :P


7. Essie - Bikini So Teeny. A relatively new addition to my collection but I love this colour. A cornflower blue with silver/blue/purple-ish shimmer. I felt bad about adding this in as I feel I'm betraying Revlon - Dreamer, but this is such a pretty colour, it has a more purple tone compared to Dreamer. I don't know if my bottle is different to other people's but everyone's swatches look lighter to mine, but oh well. The colour is still lovely. I used 2 coats here.


Well that was rambly, and consisted of a lot of blues. I hope you enjoyed this post (despite the ramblings). I shall be posting part 2 and 3 soon (full of polishes I love even more than these :)) and I'm very excited. Hope you all are having a lovely day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment