Wednesday 16 January 2013

Doughnuts... NOMNOMNOM

Hey there, I think this might be the first time I have spelt doughnut right, it's a strange feeling :P I've been in a foodie mood (I LOVE FOOD), food nail art makes me happy. So it was only logical to do some.

Food with faces make me happy, maybe to some it's creepy, maybe this makes me creepy. But I don't care cause I think it's cute :P I really wanted to try drippy nails, and I really like it, I will be trying to do more. All the bright colours make me happy too, and holographic glitter is always a good thing.

The green is China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard, I normally use this polish without anything underneath. But when drying I whacked my nail against a cardboard box (standard me) and I decided to put it over white. It's SOOOOOO much brighter and requires much less coats (such bad grammer :/). For the other nails I used Nails Inc - Abbey Road, it's definitely a full coverage holographic glitter, 3 coats did the trick.

For the actual doughnut dough I used Nails Inc - Porchester Square, and the doughnut icing was:
Pink: Nails Inc - Notting Hill Gate
Purple: Barry M - Berry Ice Cream
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
The sprinkles were Essie - Tart Deco, Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream, OPI - Charged Up Cherry, Barry M - Indigo and The Face Shop - BL601.
Orange drip: Essie - Tart Deco and OPI - Rainbow Connection
Bluey drip: Essie - Bikini So Teeny and Nails Inc - Sweets Way
That was a polish naming explosion.

I'm tired, I hope I was coherent during the post and you're not feeling too hungry for doughnuts (but when aren't you hungry for doughnuts :P). Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment