Sunday 10 June 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 5 - Blue Nails

I’m boring; I just painted my nails a solid colour. Essie Turquoise and Caicos. 
But no regrets at all as I’ve really wanted to try this colour out. REALLY wanted to. I got this colour as I’ve been looking for my perfect colour for a while and this looked similar to it. My perfect colour is very specific and while this is not my perfect colour, I do really like it. 
I did try a design but I didn’t like it at all and every other idea was a “this is another day’s design” so I gave up on that and just left it. Blue is my favourite colour to paint my nails (blue is my favourite colour) so I’d prefer to just leave it plain and simple. I’m happy I did. 

It’s a pretty lightish turquoise colour bordering on teal (in darker lighting), obviously differing depending on the lighting. It’s a jelly-creme texture that builds well. The first coat was very sheer but 3 coats for full opacity. I did 4 for luck :P

                                                                       (Artificial light)

I have “Her Morning Elegance” by Oren Lavie written on my hand :P Thought of that song today, and wrote it down. It is an amazing song it just has such a happy and cheerful vibe to it. Nails cut down too, it was liberating. Took yesterday’s awful design off.

                                                                 (Natural light)

It’s so pretty in natural light :3 I love it. The words on my hand get rather distracting after a while so covered it with a bottle shot :P

The bubbles were bad. My base coat is on it’s last limbs, I have to tip it upside down to get the contents out :L I did the 4th coat hoping it would smooth it over. But I kind of knew it was in vain. This is a jelly polish.

Overall I love the colour and would definitely recommend it to you turquoise lovers out there like me. Can look rather green in some lights (which I don’t like) but that’s pretty much all it’s cons, and application was smooth also. It’s a good Essie polish.

But I am loving Essie right now. Ever since I heard they were available in the UK I have been a very happy girl. On another note I adore Essie Tart Deco, currently on my toes, as it’s such a bright, beautiful colour!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment