Thursday 7 June 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 2 - Orange Nails

So continuing with the challenge :)
I have a newfound respect for orange nails. I used to not really be a fan of it. 
This changed my mind. 

I'm very proud of it.

TIGGER NAILS!!!! Winnie the Pooh characters are SO cute in general, but orange made me think of Tigger. I looked up so many pictures of Tigger and they were all so different. It was rather confusing, but slowly the Tigger face for my thumb became clearer. Tigger has 2 sets of eyebrows O.o that’s pretty cool. For the stripes I got my black pen and I dragged from the edge and progressively lifted the pen ‘til it was at the center. I also really like the black French tip pinky like Tigger’s actual tail.

Step by step for the Tigger face (no pictures, whoops)
1.     Use a white to paint a rough outline of the face and fill it in, the face is a circular shape with a pinch in the middle with 2 ear shapes.
2.     Paint a pink nose (oblong) in the second half (the bottom half of the pinched in circle). I just used the brush of the nail polish.
3.     Use a pale yellow around the bottom half of the circle, for around the eyes and for the bottom part of the ears. Again I used the brush of the nail polish.
4.     The rest of the white should be painted in with orange. It was a smaller space so I used a toothpick
5.     Using a black nail pen or just a toothpick dipped in black nail polish, paint the eyes, the 2 sets of eyebrows (one set is smaller, the other set is bushier), 2 stripes on the side of his head and finally whiskers (maximum 3 on each side, I have 2 as I couldn’t fit in anymore)
6.     Have an awesome Tiger face on your nail :D

Colours used:
Orange: Bourjois Paris – Tangerine Fatal
Yellow: w7 – Sheer Lemon
Pink: Barry M – Strawberry Ice Cream
White (used to bring out the colours of the Tigger face): Sally Hansen Hard As Nails – French White Tip
Black: Lovely Me:Ex – Black (no name)

Just want to say something about the Bourjois nail polishes. The opacity is great and it’s so shiny. Application is so smooth, and the brush… The brush is perfect :O I have used quite a lot of brushes and this one is perfect. It perfectly conforms to the nail and I got no polish on my cuticles. And I can be quite a messy painter when rushing and there was nothing on my cuticles. For the picture I had to do no clean up at all. It is literally the perfect brush as it works so well. Overall I’m surprised more people aren’t raving about these nail polishes.

Equipment used:
Toothpick

2 comments:

  1. You really did a great job with this. Seriously, it's just amazing! I would never be able to do such a perfect manicure with all these details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so kind :) I take pride in painting precise details :)

      Delete