Thursday 5 June 2014

Tropical Floral Nails

Oh hey guys!! My. Exams. Are. Over. You guys don't even know the weight lifted off of me, I can do some proper nail art now!! And yeah I went shopping so expect some pretty polishes. It's also my blogaversary tomorrow so expect a funky post then. I'm happy to be back with some nail art (I did this a while ago), I love florals but I'm just not the best at them. I'll always strive to get better. This manicure was inspired by Samarium's Swatches (I love her blog so much), there was a nail art design on her instagram and I loved it so much I had to create it (with a few changes).

It's just so fun and summer-y, it makes me happy cause skies aren't grey. I <3 the colour combo, it's nothing groundbreaking, but sometimes it doesn't have to be. Pink, orange and yellow flowers are so nice!! It also has a more wiggley and squiggley (that's quite the description) feel, and I like it!! Oh yeah also it's neon too, so obviously it has my heart.

So I did ma base, added some glitter. I started with a white base then I used the brushes of the polishes and dabbed on various colours, I actually mean dab this time. I had very little polish on the brush then I dabbed. I did the same kind of thing for the leaves but there was only 1 colour so I used a toothpick.

Base: Revlon - Blue Lagoon, Topshop - Green Room and Topshop - Razzmatazz (this may not have been the best idea but I needed glitter)
Pink: Nails Inc - Notting Hill Gate (it blended perfectly for this)
Orange: Rimmel - It's A Scorcher!, Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal and Models Own - Beach Party
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Green: China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White base: Lovely Me:Ex - White

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a really lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment