Thursday 29 May 2014

Sea Green Nails: Essie - Turquoise & Caicos

Hello chums!! Yeah swatching again today, I had troubles with deciding what to name this post, I didn't want to called it turquoise nails (cause I feel like turquoise should be brighter), and obviously green and blue were too broad so sea green it was. Haha I'll post my old swatch of this, literally my first swatch ever, it was terrible, but I mentioned a good song in that post.

Turquoise & Caicos is a sea green jelly polish. Lots of people recommended this and stuff, but I don't know, I feel like the colour isn't that spectacular and I'll put my thoughts on the formula below. It's just not that special in my mind!!

This was one of my first Essies, when they first came out here and I really thought I'd love this polish. I really really did, but it ended up being my least favourite. I thought the colour would be so me, but I was extremely underwhelmed. Essie is still one of my favourite nail polish brands, I think the colours they do really pretty and good quality, for me it's not really about the ground-breaking colours but the pretty ones.

This was 4 coats, and it's still streaky :/ and the bubbles, I did wait but bubbles cause of the jelly formula. I know people like jelly formulas for the squishy look but I'd rather not have the bubbles, the 4 coats for a colour that I can get with half the coats, bubble free and is generally a pretty colour (i.e. Max Factor Cool Jade). And yeah speaking of colours that are similar to Turquoise & Caicos with better formulas, I have a comparison post.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment