Tuesday 27 May 2014

Rabbit (from Winnie the Pooh) Nails

Hello there fine folks on this lovely day (hopefully). This is my 5th Winnie the Pooh nail art design and I'm really liking them, here's my Eeyore one which links to the Tigger, Piglet and Winnie designs. This was my Easter manicure (now you have an idea of how behind I am) cause of Rabbit, and that's Easter appropriate. I got no chocolate eggs but I'm really ok with that, I get more than enough chocolate anyway. My Rabbit design is different from my other ones cause this one follows more closely with how Rabbit actually looks, oo being more artsy!! But not really.

So here I have Rabbit amongst a bunch of carrots and polka dots, I am really proud of how Rabbit turned out, it's nice when things work out right and I think it looks nice. The carrots were dodgier but I don't think they detract at all, and of course polka dots are always cute. I'm onboard with all cute things so I like this a lot.

I started with the polka dots with a bobby pin and I began to tackle Rabbit. I started with a general white base and added the black outline first(!), and then kind of coloured it in. Man proportioning will always be an issue for me but I got there eventually. I finally used my toothpicks for the carrots, I tried making them artsy but in the end I always fall back on cartoony.

Base: w7 - Sheer Lemon and Essie - Shine of the Times
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Pink: Per Una - Pink (no name)
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White and Barry M - Matt White
Orange: Essie - Fear or Desire
Light Orange (that you can't see at all :/): Rimmel - It's a Scorcher!
Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black


Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG this is just perfect! I totally recognized it as soon as I saw it! And I love the little carrots, it's a really awesome manicure! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! ^_^ That's good, it's great how iconic Winnie the Pooh is no matter where you are :) Awk that's so nice, I wasn't feeling so hot about the carrots, but I'm glad they're not detracting like I thought they would :)

      Delete