Friday 30 May 2014

Lil' Half Moon Monsters

Hi there guys, I have more nail art!! This is a Chalkboard Nails tutorial and I really intended to do this sooner cause it's simple and sweet (like my 31 day challenge last year) but I changed my mind. And I finally went and did the manicure, it is rather cute. Everyone should give it a try, it's so easy.

What is this madness?? My nails are the other way round???
I changed it a little bit and made them into half moons which I really liked. My favourite might be the monster on my ring finger, I like the explosion of glitter and how the colours go together but generally it's a good way to get lots of colours (what I'm all about and I like the combination here) and just have a cute design. And Sarah's tutorial is of course great so big thumbs up from me. I also like the monster on my thumb, I think I just like the spiky hair.

After painting my base I got the brushes of the various polishes and freehanded the half moon and added glitter. I used various colours with toothpicks for the antenna and spiky hair and added glitter of course. Finally I added the faces with my black pen and white polish.

Base: Essie - Turquoise & Caicos and Barry M - Aqua Glitter
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Barry M - Matt White
These all include the glitter
Dark Pink: Barry M - Fuchsia and Barry M - Fairy Lights
Light Purple: Barry M - Berry Ice Cream and Orly - Ridiculously Regal
Orange: Essie - Tart Deco and Essie - Shine of the Times
Dark Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black and Orly - Go Deeper
Cherry Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry and OPI - Minnie Style
Green: Illamasqua - Nomad and Barry M - Sour Apple
Blue: Rimmel - Azure and Models Own - Freak Out!
Pink: No.7 - Me! Me! Me! and OPI - Polka.com
Purple: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina and Barry M - Tinsel Town
Light Blue: The Face Shop - GR501 and Hare Polish - The Teen Queen
I never actually realised how many polishes I used for this design, probably cause I didn't use that much of them.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment