Tuesday 20 May 2014

Geometric Glitter Rainbows

Hello there!! Finally I have some nail art and I'm loving this, I love some geometric rainbows and pack it with glitter, I'm in nail art heaven :P It was another "hmmmm I don't know what to do with my nails" and I went with the flow (that's how all the glitter happened) and love it, again they are the best manicures :)

So you see a geometric design with a ton of glitter, like a lot of glitter, and that's the way uh-huh uh-huh I like it uh-huh uh-huh. Yep I just referenced that. I didn't intend of this much glitter but that's what happened after going with the flow. I was just going to do a glitter base then do the black outlines on top but then I thought the black outline was boring by itself so I added a bunch of glitter. I loved the outcome, I really did, and the glitter base was fun it reminded me how awesome Barry M Superdrug Xmas LE 2012 B is, it's still beautiful :)

I painted my base, dabbed different sections of my nails with different glitter polishes (mostly half-half horizontally or vertically) and once that dried I got my black nail art pen and painted on the rainbows. Then I got some toothpicks and put some over some of the lines and for the other black lines I used a sparkly black textured polish so it wasn't too overloaded with glitter haha.

Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Base glitter polishes: Hare Polish - The Teen Queen, OPI - Polka.com, OPI - Rainbow Connection, The Face Shop - CMX321 and Barry M - Superdrug Xmas LE 2012 B
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Black with green: M&S - Petrol
Glitter on top of the black lines: Barry M - Fairy Lights, Essie - Shine of the Times, Barry M - Amethyst and Barry M - Aqua Glitter
I was going to use more glitter, but restricted myself, I'm good at restricting myself.

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, isn't it amazing how a free-flow ideas can lead to something? I love the outcome of these. It's crazy packed with glitters, I guess that's why I'm amazed. Somehow, you made it look like you only used 1 glitter packed polish :P Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely amazing, I love when that happens!! Haha thank you very much, I'd love to have a polish with that many types of glitter!! :P :)

      Delete