Monday 28 October 2013

The iPhone (Nail) Series: Sprin

Hello there guys! Welcome to another edition of the iPhone Nail Series, where I do nail art from your favourite apps and games. I'll come up with a better tagline for this series another time :/ Today's app is Sprin, it's one of those climbing high score games except this one is the ultimate cute one. Unfortunately I don't think many people played it and even more unfortunately I don't even think it's available on the app store anymore :( Hopefully my nail art can give you an idea of what it was like, and today I am mega proud of this one, lots of detail, lots of cute :3

I'm really happy with how those animals turned out, I spent ages putting in the little details for the animals (e.g. the sheriff star and lil' crown). Same goes for the background, so much so that I'm gonna do a separate post on it, normally I paint the characters first then the background around it, but I have to say put that extra effort into your background and it's worth it (though effort is effort). Overall I love the design, including the arrows used the control the animals. I think my favourite is the dog, he's just cute. And cute is my favourite. But legit I love the aspects of this design, everything, that's rare. It's very PlumeriaPainted no?
There are a vast range of animals to play in the game, but they are animals with inbuilt springs. That's how they jump through a forest, then the sky and beyond (but I didn't get that far cause the game was hard). They also didn't have arms but not in a creepy way. The weird thing was at the start of the game the game asked you to pick an animal and warned you that you couldn't change it after. I picked the frog. I'm trying to remember these details cause it's been a long while since I played and now you can't even play which is kind of sad cause this was a really good game.

The thing that spurred me on in this game was the fact that you could customise your character with accessories that you bought with apples collected during the game. Though you'd collect average 6 apples per game but some items would cost 300 apples :/ But it got you playing the game.

Ok starting with the dog. The brown was Ciate - Cookies & Cream and when I needed to correct I used Nails Inc - Porchester Square. The darker brown is Paris Collection - Mauve Melody and the red is Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff. There's a stripe on the platform the little dog is standing on which is Topshop - Naked.
The light pink of the pig is Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream, and the blue for his scarf is Nails Inc - Baker Street and the sheriff star is w7 - Sheer Lemon. There are hints of darker pink is Per Una - Pink (no name) and the red is also the Essie.
I used the same light pink, red, yellow, blue and brown for my chicken. For the arrow buttons it's yes the same yellow and the pink is Orly - Basket Case.
All black and white detailing is Lovely Me:Ex - Black and Lovely Me:Ex - White. Lovely Me:Ex - White is also the base for the other colours.
I'll mention the colours used for the forest background in another post, I'm sure none of you are itching to know :P

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the pack-ness of this nail art! Sounds like an interesting game! Pity you can't play it anymore :( Hahaha, and your efforts really paid off! All the details and time you spent put into this nail art is what made it so fantastic and complete! ♥ Great job on this! Can't wait to see the background post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! ^_^ I know, I didn't realise you couldn't play it anymore until recently. It was fun and cute, what more can you ask for? :P Hehe oh thanks again :') that'll be up soon, hopefully it's ok as a stand alone design :D

      Delete