Thursday 3 October 2013

31DC2013: Day 27 - Inspired by artwork

Hi guys, I'm still battling through the challenge and I'm nearly there. So close!! Today's nail art is inspired by Coplu, specifically this painting. I really liked the heart balloons and the night sky so that it was. I have to say I don't know much about the artist but I'm looking forward to finding out more in the future!!

Clearly I didn't follow the colour scheme exactly (from the picture I was using I couldn't see the orange and I'm like aw man eyesight failure). But otherwise I really like it, those balloons are cool. I should find some in real life. Of course I love that holographic glitter and that cool conductor just casually conducting those balloons ;) I gave him a bit of depth and I really like that too. But this is once of those occasions that I think the design looks better in real life.

Blue base: Kiko - 265, w7 - Polar Bare, Nails Inc - Abbey Road and OPI - Get Your Number
Ok the base was a complicated process, I definitely wanted a dark blue but my Barry M one is extremely gloopy so I went for the Kiko polish. Which I forgot how dark it was (it's almost black) so I added a coat of Polar Bare thinking it would lighten it but it didn't really. Just made it frosty and more grey :/ I tried to do a glitter gradient with Abbey Road but in general it didn't look right. So I just jammed the Get Your Number on and oh my goodness Get Your Number looks AMAZING over a darker base. That's the way to make this polish amazing, the holographic glitter just comes out and add the topcoat, you know what happens ;) The part with Abbey Road under is slightly lighter, but slighter is the way to describe that. But the base outcome was worth it, I keep staring at that holographic glitter!! I'm glad I've found ways to incorporate textures into my nail art!!
Peach: w7 - Linen, w7 - Sheer Peach and Paris Collection - Brown Beaute (for the depth, but it's totally not brown)
White (also as a base for the balloons): Lovely Me:Ex - White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Brown: w7 - Brownie
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Blue: Revlon - Dreamer 
Pink: The Face Shop - PK105


Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a really great day!! :D

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! The heart balloons are great, and I love the conductor :) The blue base looks great, it really does look like a night sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :) Haha all the effort that went into the base I'm glad!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hahahah! What an awesome discovery in a nail art process! :D I absolutely love what happened with the base, it turned out way too good! And your nail art? Stunning! I like how the rainbow balloons (no worries about the left out colour as it still look just as awesome!) stood out against the gorgeous night sky, and the conductor conducting them is just way too cute! :) Yeap, that's a masterpiece on your nails! Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm so glad that the base turned out well. THANKS SO MUCH YOU!! The painting was really nice to work with, but awk thanks ^_^

      Delete