Tuesday 22 October 2013

Miffy In The Paint

Hi there guys!! I have some incredibly awesome highlighters from my great aunt (the tip of the pen is a bear. I just can't) that have Miffy on them so I decided to do some Miffy nails. It was meant to be inspired by those highlighters but in the end I just did a Miffy design ("Miffy in the paint" is one of the quotes from the highlighter, clearly it was made in Asia haha).

Miffy is SO cute!! This is my favourite kind of nail art (cute cartoons) and I can never do enough. My favourite is the Miffy on my thumb with the daisy dress (I decided to put that extra detail in). The paintbrushes fit the design and the yellow bear is also adorable (I have no idea what it's name is, I looked it up and got nothing). I like all the colours too, and the subtle floral background (which wasn't originally going to be a floral background). Frankly I love that it's so childish, it's got a cute elementary thing going on with it. Nothing at all wrong with childish ;)

I was a Miffy fan when I was very young, my mother commented asking if I was into this again. But I didn't remember being into Miffy but then memory attack!! I watched Miffy and Friends when I was about 5 and that was a great show. Miffy's author is Dick Bruna and I think his simplistic style was perfect for this.

White: Lovely Me:Ex - White
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Pink: Barry M - Superdrug Limited Edition Summer 2013 A (over Barry M - Matt White)
Cornflower Blue: Essie - Bikini So Teeny
Mustard Yellow: Topshop - Naked

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!! :3

8 comments:

  1. This looks so cute! I just had a major flashback to when I was super young... Miffy <3 Your Miffys look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! :D I think everyone remembers Miffy as a childhood character, it was a great show though :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh, this is another adorable manicure attack!!! Love them! ♥ So sad that Miffy isn't part of my childhood :( She's so adorable! I just check out the website, even the animation is adorable! Hahaha!! Adorable-ness overload!!! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D Clearly adorable is always something I've loved from young, I agree about the adorable overload. It's never too late to appreciate Miffy's cuteness!! :)

      Delete