Sunday 10 February 2013

Year of the Geometric Snake

Hey there guys!!! Happy Chinese New Year (to all those who celebrate :))!!! We had all our festivities last night, food a plenty ;) I wasn't sure whether I was going to do a design or not, it was on the back of my mind but I wasn't really thinking. But I felt geometric (cause that's feeling) and I had a design in mind so I went for it.

I made it matte cause I love matte nails. I looked up some geometric patterns and copied a triangle one. I love the way geometric patterns look, so cool!!! The snake wasn't meant to look shoehorned in, but in hindsight it does look shoehorned in. Doesn't mean I don't like it, I like it very much. I kind of randomly painted a snake and thankfully it worked (I love when that happens). He's a cute one (if I do say so myself).
Robin's egg blue: The Face Shop - GR501
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Pale Blue: The Face Shop - BL601
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Green: Illamasqua - Nomad
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Pink: Orly - Basket Case
Yellow: w7 - Sheer Lemon
You can't really see the pale blue which kind of annoys me but I was determined not to use a darker blue, I'm not too fussed though, design was still fine.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute and the geo pattern looks complex. I almost thought you drew squirtle the pokemon on your nail and then I read it was a snake. Its a kawaii snake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I see the resemblance to Squirtle!!! He's a cute little dude so I feel alright about having my snake looking like him :P Thank you very much!!! :)

      Delete