Sunday 23 September 2012

Hello Kitty Gone Wild

Hello there!!!! I hope you're enjoying your Sunday (or what's left of it in my case). For a while I have been wanting to do a Hello Kitty mani. Obviously I've done one before (who hasn't?) but I wanted to do another one. I had an idea of a Hello Kitty accent nail and all the other nails with basic patterns. It turned out much different than that. So much better than that. 


Some left hand photos. As you can see it went a little basic pattern gone wild. I adore this though. I decided to use some kind of colour scheme so I used my favourite colours and polishes (duh). 

Like the leopard print and the cherry blossoms I would do as full manicures. Which I totally might do. I was trying something slightly different for the leopard print. I tried doing heart shapes, which got killed by the black lines, but I really like it. The weird blob shapes make it interesting. 
Robin Egg's Blue (cause I'm that obsessive): The Face Shop - GR501
Turquoise: Essie - Turquoise and Caicos
Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Mint: China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint
Glitter: Barry M - Pink Iridescent and Barry M - Hologram Hexograms
White: Models Own - Snow White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black (no name)
I've been kind of disappointed with Turquoise and Caicos but using it for this mani I want to use it loads more. Everyone's pictures makes it look so nice, hopefully one day it will be that nice in my eyes. 

I did a mild gradient on my middle finger, very subtle. It turned out ok, that was the last design I did in this mani. I loved it already but there was one more thing to add to make it perfect. HOLOGRAPHIC GLITTER!!!! Then it was perfect. 

It does have some elements of Hello Kitty e.g. the Hello Kitty type bow on my thumb. And that's about it. 

Some right hand pictures which I'm very proud of. I think Hello Kitty turned out better on this hand. I can never get good right hand pictures, my hand always slants and my lighting is never right.

I loved this mani, it has my favourite designs and favourite colours all in one manicure. When that can happen, it's a beautiful thing :') :P

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS NAILS OMG I LOVE HELLO KITTY!!!!!!!!!!! Stunning mani <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO KITTY IS SO ADORABLE!!!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment!! <3

      Delete
  2. This is soooo cute!!! I love it!!! I really like the gradient

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay thanks!! I wasn't too sure of the gradient (i liked the holographic glitter :P) but I'm glad you liked it :) I feel more confident about my gradients :P

    ReplyDelete