Friday 30 August 2013

The iPhone (Nail) Series: Happy Street

Oh hello there lovely people!! Welcome to the 2nd instalment of The iPhone (Nail) Series, I have some nail art based on my current favourite iPhone game, Happy Street. I stumbled upon this game last year and it's just the best. Mostly the game is ADORABLE!! The characters are seriously the cutest (I'm being very superlative, that's not an adjective :/) and everyone is always happy.

These are the main characters of Happy Street. Thumb to left to right, Billy, Zoe, Pepin, Nyok and Dahlia. I play Happy Street for quests, I have to complete all the quests, when there are no quests I am sad (not really haha). Recently the game brought in a train feature which is virtually constant quests for various items, so currently I'm happy with Happy Street. Except when I get all the items it's gonna be a problem, but that won't happen any time soon :) Happy Street is a free to play game where you start with a small street and the more time and effort you put into your street, the more it grows.
Another thing I really like about the game is the "story", it's in bunny ears cause it's not your typical "storyline", but the characters interact with each other and has made me crazy over the Billy/Zoe coupling (THEY NEED TO BE TOGETHER). This is what the game does to you, makes you want a fox and a cat together. I'm sure the game is aimed at kids but the characters sometimes talk about inflation and sometimes there are the weirdest innuendoes that the creators must've had an older audience in mind too. I really could say so many good things about this game, and there's no reason not to give it a try (well there's the possibility of getting addicted), it's free!!

I really like all the characters (Zoe being my favourite by a small margin), except Dahlia (the purple bunny), I should like her but I just don't, her character isn't substantial to me. So Nyok and Dahlia are getting married, Pepin is your money obsessed wolf and the Billy and Zoe thing is slightly heart-breaking so I won't be mentioning it (also it's a bit of a spoiler), BUT THEY HAVE TO END UP TOGETHER (this game does this to me).
I'm the happiest with how I painted Billy, Zoe the 2nd happiest, the characters aren't painted perfectly, but otherwise I'm quite satisfied as they are cuties.

I started with a gradient of Ciate - Cookies and Cream, Per Una - Pink (no name) and H&M - Check Me Out, it started well as I was trying a different gradient technique, but as usual ended in fail. I knew it was getting covered up anyway. I sealed the gradient with OPI - Pirouette My Whistle, not the greatest move as the glitter dulled the colours and didn't look as nice, but early stages it's ok.
I started the characters with painting a white base with Lovely Me:Ex - White and all black details were done with Lovely Me:Ex - Black.
For Billy (the fox):
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire, Light Brown: Ciate - Cookies and Cream. I was trying to do shading and it failed. Mint Green: Max Factor - Cool Jade, Light Blue: The Face Shop - BL601 and Blue: Essie - Bikini So Teeny.
For Zoe (the cat):
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream, Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips, Light Pink: Per Una - Pink (no name), Mustard: Topshop - Naked and Pink: Barry M - Fuchsia.
For Pepin (the wolf):
Blue: Barry M - Indigo, Shimmery Blue: OPI - Sea You In Hollywood, Silver: w7 - Silver Mirror. The black didn't show up on the dark blue and it made me sadz, I thought the silver would be a suitable replacement. It wasn't Pepin looked crazy evil so the happy medium was the black over the silver. Red: Nails Inc - Tate.
For Nyok (the dog):
Copper: Nail Polish - Copper (no name), Brown: Paris Collection - Mauve Melody, Light Brown: Ciate - Cookies and Cream and Shimmery Blue: OPI - Sea You In Hollywood
For Dahlia:
Purple: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina, Pink: Per Una - Pink (no name), Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine, Blue: Essie - Bikini So Teeny, Darker Blue: Color Club - Sky High and Green: Illamasqua - Nomad.
Yep that's a lot of colours :/ but I didn't have the exact colours for a few things, not very important though. I like the colour palette the creators of Happy Street used, they all compliment each other.

Ok thanks if you read this extremely long and rambly (what I do best) post, I like this game. I hope you have a great day!! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a really cute adorable game! Great character designs and you are so skilled being able to successfully draw them on your nails! :D Ohh judging from the character designs, my favourites are Billy and Zoe too!! Hehehe! But you sure did a great job on all of them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!! :D It was quite hard and time consuming but overall I'm happy with the end result, in the game they are too adorable too :) <3

      Delete
  2. I also love this app! Your nails are great! I knew right away each character. Well done!

    ReplyDelete