Sunday 8 September 2013

31DC2013: Day 8 - Metallic Nails

Hello there guys!! Metallic is not my finish of choice and random things seem to come from it but I loved my metallic mani last year, so I did what I did last year and I asked myself "What's metallic?", I came up with cans of Coke. Then I changed it to a Cherry Cola can cause I can (see what I did there? :/).

It didn't out the way I wanted it to, I'm not so impressed. It's mostly my failed lettering, I swear I can write better than that. My curved nails are hiding some of the letters, I should've thought about that beforehand.
Otherwise I really like my cherries, for some unknown reason I have big issues with cherries even though they are not particularly difficult. You can kind of get the tin of soft drink feel I guess, this idea was really random, I can almost promise that my next manicures will not be as random.

I also intended to do something special with the cherries, but slowly that didn't work and I did your standard cherry look. I like the different colours of the cherries, it's pretty bomb (see what I did there? It's a stretch :/).
Did you know there's no commercial Cherry Cola, there's Coca Cola Cherry and Cherry Coke but no Cherry Cola (well at least I think so). I liked the look of Cherry Cola the best.

Silver: w7 - Silver Mirror
Haha I have a silver polish this year (as opposed to last year), it's technically not mine but I can use it, as it's on "borrowed terms", unfortunately for those that I borrow from they tend to not get it back. 2 very easy coats, it's foil like, the brush shape was also great for my nails. Once I finished painting the base I thought silver nails look really weird on me but once the art was on it wasn't as weird.
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Dark Red: Nails Inc - Tate
Pink: Barry M - Boots Xmas LE 2012 B
This is another metallic-ish shade to tie in the metallic theme.
Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a really good day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You know, I wouldn't be able to tackle metallic themes. It feels so weird! Like we have no probs with other themes, but get ideas blockage when faced with metallics. Hahahahhaa!!

    But these looks really Christmas-sy! :D I almost thought the words read "Cherry Christmas" until I looked closer :P Ooh i love the many shades of cherries! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Metallic is such a weird theme that's why I have to do the whole "What's metallic?" :P
      I see where you're coming from, the colour scheme does fit that. I'm surprised if anyone can read it at all!! :P and thank you!! :)

      Delete