Friday 13 September 2013

31DC2013: Day 13 - Animal Print

Hi there guys!! Animal print, one of my favourites. Now I could've taken the easy way out and done a leopard print (I haven't done one for 3 months :O) but I decided to branch out. Ok I was going to branch out to something else but changed my mind, and even my final result ended up different than I expected.

I present abstract fish scales. They look better in real life as you can differentiate the polishes better. But I'm willing to try this again with lots of different colours as opposed to colours with similar tones.
I was planning to paint a scale outline on top but after a couple of colours I realised that it already kind of mimicked fish scales. I like the bit of sparkle, it breaks up the "monotony" of the cremes.

Basically a got a ton of colours and got the brush and dabbed random spots around my nails, eventually covering the base. Not very difficult and therefore the abstract term for this design came.

It's hard to tell which polish is which so here's a list (:/):
Base: Essie - Tart Deco 
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips and Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire and Chili Pepper - Orange (no name)
Pink: No.7 - Me! Me! Me!, OPI - Charged Up Cherry, Barry M - Fuchsia, Color Club - Wing Fling, OPI - Japanese Rose Garden and Barry M - Boots Xmas LE 2012 B
Sparkle: OPI - Jinx and OPI - Excuse Moi!

Thank for reading and I hope you have a really great weekend, see you for flowers (;))!! :)

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty cool! Love the bright colours! Haha I love you added the glitters! Really shows the reflection of the scales! Ohh these reminds me of red snapper! mmm-hmmm yummy! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I'll add glitter at every opportunity haha, oo I like the reflection thing, that's what I intended to do... :P

      Delete