Saturday 29 November 2014

Pink + teal herringbone nails

Hey there guys!! Hope you're chilling, I'm trundling along as usual. Things seem to get more and more busy for me so I'm trying to manage and have as much fun as possible while doing so cause otherwise I'd be drained. Drained is not a good feeling guys. So positivity and that!! I have herringbone nail art today cause it was about time I tried it, plus I do love that geometric look so this had to be right up my street.

I really like this colour scheme, I think it's a pretty solid, teal and pink and the bonus silver/grey only aids it. Herringbone looks cool and it's so simple, adding glitter can only make me happier. The design is mega sweet, you'll probably be seeing it in many different colour combinations in the future haha.

Herringbone is also so easy to paint, if you're not sure I say go for it!! It's actually as simple as it looks. After glittering everywhere, I just got my toothpicks and drew some straight lines (actually straight lines can be hard not gonna lie) and then did arrow lines(?) between the columns. After that I just randomly coloured in some of the spaces, I managed to be neat enough to no have to go over the lines again. It's the small things.

Base: Essie - Naughty Nautical
Glitter: Orly - Go Deeper
Flakes: M&S - Light Mix (really nice over the teal)
Silver: w7 - Silver Mirror
Pink: Orly - Basket Case
Metallic pink: Barry M - Boots Xmas LE 2012 B (brill for this design)
Grey: Barry M - Chai

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a lovely chillin' day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment