Saturday 30 November 2013

Wario Nails (for Movember)

Hi there guys, I hope you're having a great weekend. Exam freedom is one of the most beautiful things of life, so I'll be living my next week in peace (well hopefully) and I have something very exciting for the blog coming up in the next week so yay!! :D I left my Movember (moustache growing worldwide for prostate cancer) nails quite late this year, but I finally had time to go to them and they're pretty funky.

Sorry about the cut that I edited out, winter (well autumn, almost winter) is unkind to my cuticles, very very unkind
So I present Wario, one of the more distasteful Nintendo characters, so basically he's not cute but he's got quite the moustache. Last year I did Mario nails for Movember and loved them, the concept of this manicure is very similar. Also I really like this mani, when painting I was not sure if he was going to turn out right but I think we can all agree he looks very maniacal (sorry for the nightmares) but I like how terrifying he is, I do not know why but I like the way he looks here!! I was going to add garlic and money to the other nails but new polish changed my mind.

Eeeeeeeeeeee the purple is a new!! And a Liquid Sand!! Well I visited my love TK Maxx yesterday and there were OPI sets (the selection of nail polish brands was great) and this called my name. Ok OPI DS Lapis was there but the price point made my decision also the fact that the set I got was limited edition and came with a base coat.
I legit haven't owned a base coat for over a year, and yes I have used a "base coat" but it's a french manicure pink (which was actually a great base coat) but it's nice to have a real base coat for once. But when I applied it I wasn't used to having my nails clear and not a shimmery blue in pink. I've been using the french manicure pink since I started this blog (fun fact: majority of manicures on this blog use that Sally Hansen french manicure pink as the base coat).
Also totally coincidental that it works with this look, I was going to be doing my Movember nails no matter what but I was going to use a different purple as yellow and purple are Wario's colours. Also I haven't seen many (or any) swatches of this so I was curious. I love the Liquid Sands cause they're SO sparkly O.o

Purple: OPI - My Current Crush
Now this isn't mega sparkly like I love it (can't wait to topcoat it when I "swatch" it). I've mentioned I HATE the colour plum but this is just about not plum for me and I really like it. I do love a purple polish and it does have a nice sparkle. The name is also adorable.
Peach: w7 - Linen
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Barry M - Matt White and Lovely Me:Ex - White
Pink: Per Una - Pink (no name)
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine
Dark Blue: Barry M - Indigo
Light Blue: The Face Shop - GR501
I really wanted to add the light blue to the sides of this eyes so it was the most accurate it could possibly be.
Brown: w7 - Brownie

Thank you for reading, I hope you had a great Movember and only have a better December (or Decembeard)!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment