Thursday 28 November 2013

Ombre Ikat Hearts + Green Jelly Sandwich

Hi there guys!! My exams are nearly over and this makes me a very happy bunny, but arguably my worse exam is tomorrow so I'm hoping I can keep my cool and do my best.
I did this jelly sandwich and I liked the way it looked but I didn't want to leave it plain and it took me ages to decide what to paint on top. But I eventually decided on ikat hearts cause I really liked the way they looked the last time I did them.

I know I could've painted this much better, the ikat just isn't very spiky and I wanted more colour. But it was at a point where there was too much colour and I had to go over with the white again. But then there was too much white and I didn't want to keep going in circles. Though it would've looked better with more colour. I like the heart on my thumb but this mani is just missing something... :/ But hearts are always sweet and the jelly sandwich looks pretty cool with it. 

I started with white polish, dabbed the colour on and then did the black spiky parts (excluding the whole adding more white polish step). They're more gradient hearts cause for an ombre it's only meant to have one colour but ombre sounds nicer, sorry if it bothers you cause it would bother someone like me :P

Jelly Sandwich Base: Barry M - Guava, Orly - Ridiculously Regal, Barry M - Ruby and Topshop - Green Room
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Barry M - Matt White
Red: M&S - Poppy
Coral: OPI - Jinx
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
Light Orange: Models Own - Beach Party
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream


Thank you for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment