Thursday 21 November 2013

Retro Flowers + Saran Wrap

Hello there you very fine folks!! Hope you are well, today I have a nice little look with flowers and my first ever saran wrap!! Or just cling film to me but saran wrap sounds fancier. I thought my first time doing a saran wrap mani would have more of a fanfare but I just grabbed some cling film and went. Also I will be saran wrapping all the time now just it's SO easy and looks really pretty. And yeah I love me some flowers so that had to happen.

It was another not particularly keen on this but then the next day I really really liked it. I love the combo of the flowers and saran wrap and I'm just please with this look, I think it looks sophisticated and delicate. Another criteria was to use new polish and this design and my next design I'm posting fulfils that, I want to swatch everything, but patience me, you don't have the time now. I'm just mega happy with how this turned out!! :)

The saran wrap really is just, painting your base (waiting for it to dry), painting a layer of polish and dabbing it off with cling film and repeat if you please, the results are awesome. I want to use darker colours so that it stands out more. I don't want to clash yet in case the colours blend then make a gross brown, I don't want that.
I tried to make my flower segments as equal as possible cause when they're not I get tres annoyed. I started with the pink, then red, then darker red blobbed on the pink. Did some leaves and outlined, that's about it.

Yes, I added a flakie-shard glitter on top, probably didn't see that til now, I have to put this glitter over a darker colour cause I know it'll look amazing
Saran wrapped base: Barry M - Blue Moon, Illamasqua - Jo'Mina and Barry M - Berry Ice Cream (in that order)
Flakie shard glitter: M&S - Light Mix
Pink: M&S - Peony
Red: M&S - Poppy
Dark Red: Barry M - Raspberry
Green: Rimmel - Block Your Green (love the subtle subtle shimmer in this)
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
I never knew Marks & Spencers really did nail polish (Marks & Spencers is a supermarket to me) but I'm very impressed so expect to see more cause I'm a fan of the colours and the formulas.

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. These look so pretty! I love the saran wrap base, and the flowers look amazing :) The shard glitter on top is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!! ^_^ I'm definitely a big fan of saran wrapping now and I want to put the shards over everything!! :)

      Delete