Wednesday 29 May 2013

What A Tweety Pie!

Hello wonderful human beings!!! How are you? Fine? Terrible? Sweet? Have a covered all the boxes (probably not)? Speaking of being sweet (I'm working on my segues :P), I have some debatably sweet nail art of a sweet little character. As the title suggests, Tweety Bird!! I've had this on my todo list for the longest time, I was meant to paint him with Sylvester but I decided that would be too hard. I'm not one to back down from a challenge but I thought Tweety would be enough.

I have to say, I love painting cartoons. My flow is with the cartoons. I have to tell you when I originally finished Tweety I was not happy at all, I seriously thought I'd painted an unmitigated disaster due to proportions being incorrect (also due to random strings of polish not wanting to go away :/). I over-reacted as now I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. He's cute and that is the most important thing as cuteness is the best thing in the world.
I decided to do 2 accents to compliment Tweety, no particular reason. It just happened. Some floral and black and white glitter gradient. Before I added the glitter I had done a really pretty gradient, basically the blending actually worked. It was a proud moment. But we all know black and white glitter enhances a gradient and if you didn't know that you were graced with a useful piece of information (I found this out through other bloggers, I could never work something like that out myself lol).

I started the gradient with Max Factor - Cool Jade, *new polish alert!* I didn't buy this one myself, my friend was talking about going away on a trip and I joked "Lol get me nail polish while you're there" (yes I say lol as a word). But I didn't expect her actually get me nail polish!! I was so touched that I was near tears, that's why she's my babe. It also made me realise I have quite a lot of colours that shade (not sure how that happened, might do a comparison one of these days), but this one is by far my favourite. It's darker than the rest and requires 2 easy coats. The brush handle is super small but that doesn't bother me, I think it's cute.
Then I sponged on Essie - Lilacism and Revlon - Dreamer, it took me a while to get everything right but once I did I was so pleased. One coat of L'Oreal Color Riche - Confetti proceeded.
The pink base is Barry M - Fuchsia, and I did little flowers with the same colours for the gradient with some bobby pins.

For Tweety I began with an outline (done with Lovely Me:Ex - White) and I continued with Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream (yellow) and added different details with Lovely Me:Ex - Black, Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream (blue), Essie - Fear Or Desire (orange) and OPI - Dutch Tulips (red) over the top.
I have previously mentioned my topcoat trials and tribulations (want to know more? My pop art nail art has a pretty good explanation). Recently I began to use the Color Club topcoat on top on my designs at snail pace. I also figured out the key to no smudging, don't touch the design with the brush -_- Doh! I really should've figured that out sooner. But with this technique, I get no smudging (well a tiny bit) and super smooth nail art. It's the bomb (in a good way, I know no one says "the bomb" anymore). The coat has to be thick but as it dries it's like the thick coat dethickens (I can't think of another way to put it). But I am really liking the Color Club topcoat!! Oh yeah, and no shrinking!!

Thank you SO much for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!! :D

2 comments: