Thursday 16 May 2013

Pink Summer Fishtails

Oh hey there guys!!! I hope you are all feeling fine, it's been a while. It's all revision for me right now, I hate the feeling that NOTHING IS GOING IN -_- But today's nails are nice and happy, unlike revision. I did fishtails (or chevrons) once before and liked it way more than I thought I would. My segments were a bit wonky last time, so I made it my aim this time to fix that. I was so excited to do these nails (since I have to spend less time on nail business) that I told a ton of people I was going to and no one knew what the fishtail manicure was (nail people issues). It got to the point that I drew a diagram (that's how cool I am).

I found a technique to do the tails, first I drew a "v" then went from the side into the middle. I think it worked, and it's quite cute and funky. I did a triple accent, I love accents they add interest to a manicure. I think the colours look nicer in real life, my camera has some issues with pink.
I love pink and I especially love the pinks I chose. For my thumb I used Barry M - Fuchsia (virtually 1 coat) as a base and continued with Illamasqua - Nomad then China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint.
Index and middle fingers the base is Color Club - Wing Fling, the blue is OPI - Sea You In Hollywood (in hindsight I should have used a brighter blue) and the pink at the tips is Barry M - Pink Foil (Xmas LE 2012 B).
And pinky and ring fingers have Orly - Basket Case, followed by the pretty purple Barry M - Berry Ice Cream and The Face Shop - GR501.

My lighting was too bright for the first time and wasn't helping me
I have rekindled my love for Basket Case, there's me saying I'd like a polish that shade of pink then I realise I have Basket Case (and 3 other pretty much identical pinks). A bright bubblegum pink? It's great, 2 coats and sorted. I had major issues with thick layers of polish not drying (:/) and therefore having to push it off and do it again -_- It all worked out in the end, and I sealed it off with a matte topcoat (because matte is the way forward).

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day (without revision)!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment