Wednesday 10 September 2014

The totally doable I have a life challenge! - Striped Mostachioed Macaroons

Hey there guys!! Man it feels a while since I've written one of these. Been busy ya'know, having a life ;) I know this challenge is well and truly over but to be real I actually finished the challenge before August was over but it takes me a while to get things up :/ Anyway today was stripes and um yeah here's more food. Side note: I was watching Modern Family as I was painting these and oh my gosh Haley and Andy are my new OTP, I was crying from cuteness and new season is coming out this month!! But not like I can watch it cause I don't have cable.

Originally I was going to do a fruit basket but then I realised a previous prompt was pineapples so it'd be a bit fruit overload. Also cute food never gets old with me. I actually really liked the stripes by themselves, they were very Battenberg-esque. The filling is intended to be the moustaches, well I didn't plan it that way but it came out that way. It's more charming in my opinion anyway. I added extra glitter pieces cause I need extra stuff to fill space. Also glitter.
By the way I LOVE macaroons, I think they taste so good and that's not just the colour of them being a placebo, they are yummy ^_^

The stripes were freehanded and kind of straight. I did have to go back and touch up with the brush and toothpick. Otherwise the macaroons were painted with a toothpick and I placed glitter after fishing. The glitter was very prickly and some fell off (ring finger). But moons and stars though. 

Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Pink: Barry M - Dragon Fruit
Glitter: Revlon - Celestial
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Barry M - Matt White
Purple: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina
Dark Pink: Barry M - Fuchsia and Barry M - Superdrug 50th Birthday
Dusty Green:Max Factor - Cool Jade
Peachy Orange: Essie - Tart Deco
Orange-y Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Blue: H&M - Blue My Mind and OPI - Get Your Number
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff and Nails Inc - Regents Park
Dusty Blue: Revlon - Dreamer
Medium Green: Illamasqua - Nomad and Barry M - Sour Apple
Bright Green: Barry M - Greenberry
Medium Pink: Orly - Basket Case and Barry M - Princess
Teal: Barry M - Guava and Barry M - Aqua Glitter
Light Blue: The Face Shop - BL501
Light Purple: Barry M - Prickly Pear

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a really nice day!! :)

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love how bright and funky this manicure is :) I also love Modern Family! I was thinking the same as you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :3 Hey that's what I go for!! Yus it is the shizz; the same thing about about Haley and Andy? Well either way, they are so perf!! :)

      Delete
  2. You really have a unique style, I never see manicures that look like yours anywhere else! And gosh, you're super good at what you do, this manicure is super adorable, as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you that is the best thing I've heard :') I guess so, I just like doing different things that are cute hahahaha ^_^ Thanks!! I'm glad you like it!! :D

      Delete