Friday 14 February 2014

And then POP (art) goes my heart!!

Hello there you fantastic person!! I don't know if you get the title reference, it's from the movie "Music and Lyrics" that I watched AGES ago and didn't even finish. I do hope to finish it, I love a good chick flick. And on the note of chick flicks, and romance, here's my first Valentine's Day design (most awkward segue ever?). Everyone else seemed to be doing these designs last month but hahahaha as usual I'm late. Well Valentine's Day itself isn't late, but I have more Valentine's designs to come :/ But this design combines neon and pop art, 2 of my favourite things, obviously it was going to be love (see what I did there?).

Yep a pop art design with all my neons. It's a beautiful thing. My ring finger was inspired by Finger Painted then I went mental. From the pop art hearts to the explosions to the neon glitter. Neons make me unbelievably happy and all the colours... ^_^ I love those pop art dots in general and the whole design I feel comes together in a weird way.

I used my standard bobby pins, toothpicks and nail polish brushes for this look. I dabbed/brushed on Clowning Around, a bit hard to get an even distribution especially of all the glitter colours. But worth it in the end.

White: Barry M - Matt White
Neon Glitter: Lush Lacquer - Clowning Around
Yes this polish continues to bleed :'( but that can't stop it's beauty. I don't think anything can.
Pink: Nails Inc - Notting Hill Gate
Light Pink: Barry M - Superdrug Summer 2013 A
Orange: Models Own - Beach Party
Green: China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard
Blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black


Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a lovely (;)) Valentine's day!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hehe, I love this! You always have fun funky ideas for nail arts especially how you use your glitters! Love you to bits for that! :D Happy Valentine's Day Gillian! Hope you're having a fantastic fun time! :D Hehe, I think I like your thumb's best. But the rest are just as good! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! ^_^ Hehe I love my glitter :3 *blushes* Happy Valentine's day to you too, hope you had a nice time, the best part about my Valentine's day is that I had no school haha. I love pop art explosions, they look so cool, glad you that you like it!! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Lush Lacquer polish, it makes a great base for the nail art! Your lines and dots are so perfect :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeeeeee I love it too!! I think it works great for nail art because of the beautiful colour it brings!! Awk thank you :3 I guess practice makes perfect (or close enough :P) :)

      Delete