Wednesday 17 July 2013

Gimme Glitter: OPI - Minnie Style

Hi all!!! Hope you are well and chillin'. I have been eating a lot of food, isn't that what you do during the holiday period? I go a little crazy over the summer, I bought a new polish (or 2...or 4) :/ I knew Minnie Style had to be mine after I saw the press release. It's the white glitter. Gets me every time. OPI Lights Of Emerald City had white glitter and I turned it down. It's cause the opalescent glitter turned me off though. Minnie Style was a different story.

My bottle has squares!! It seems some bottles of Minnie Style have squares and I was happy to accept. Minnie Style is from the recent OPI Couture de Minnie collection, this was the only one that called out to me. DAT WHITE GLITTER :3
This polish also consists of red and pink hexes. Though in my bottle I think there are 3 shades of pink glitter, a red-toned pink, a coral pink and a blue-toned pink. Of course those white squares and hexes too. I put this over Illamasqua - Jo'Mina.

This combo was difficult to photograph :/
I used 2 coats and dabbing (thumb was 1 coat and dabbing). I got a good mix but I found the glitter wanted to migrate to the tips. Placing is definitely required with this polish. Bubbling is WAY more prominent in the pictures, in real life the bubble virtually cannot be seen.
I didn't fish for squares and I got 5. It's a bit like pot luck. Something that annoys me is the notch on the squares (Lights Of Emerald City also has this issue). I want perfect squares!! *pouts* haha.
Other bloggers said they didn't have too many formula issues but I had to do a lot of pushing and placing causing bubbling. I don't mind pushing and placing, but experiences might vary :P
Removal is not easy with this. I personally don't mind scrubbing a glitter off but this is one of those glitter polishes where the glitter basically fuses onto your nail and doesn't want to come off. I scrubbed viciously and things weren't happening. Eventually when they did a lot of glitter still remained on my nails. The base came off easily but not the glitter, I ended up picking most of the glitter off which wasn't too difficult considering the remover had weakened the adhesion (ahh big words :')). Hopefully with the foil methods you'd have no difficulties. 
I don't love this polish like I thought I would. Maybe I'm not such a big fan of the mixture of matte and shiny glitter (matte glitter all the way). Minnie Style is a pretty fun glitter though, if not just for the white glitter (oh white glitter you already have my heart). May not be everyone's cup of tea though.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment