Monday 28 December 2015

Robin Red Breast Nail Art

Hey there guys!! I hope you had an amazing Christmas if you celebrated :) I got the loveliest gifts from people and I appreciate it so much. So I have some Christmassy nail art but it's more winter, it's why I felt ok holding these looks back (also been knitting up a storm, everything has been deprioritised, not a word but you know what I mean). Robins are so sweet, I'm surprised I've never done Robin nail art before but I'm glad I can still paint new things after all these years.

I'm still on a complete matte kick. For these robins I wanted to do a different style for every nail and I just about did it. So different colours and patterns for the belly and different beaks. It was fun. I love the little Santa hat on my pinky. I feel like the soft glitter in the back is perfect for falling snow, gotta give all your polish love. 

For these birds I tended to start with the belly then the brown/white and then add all the details with of course toothpicks. Generally proportions were ok, except on my index finger where the head was way too small for the body but managed to fix that by bringing the legs higher weirdly enough. 

Base: Barry M - Blue Moon and OPI - Pirouette My Whistle
Brown: Paris Collection - Mauve Melody
Dark Brown: w7 - Brownie
Black: Rimmel - Black Pearl
White: Barry M - Cotton
Red: M&S - Poppy
Light Red: Barry M - Carousel
Copper: Paris Collection - Copper Topper
Light Brown: Paris Collection - Brown Beaute
Pink: Barry M - Miami
Light Pink: Barry M - Dragon Fruit
Dark Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Purple: Orly - Frolic and Barry M - Socialite
Silver: w7 - Silver Mirror

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have great holiday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment