Friday 19 June 2015

The iPhone (Nail) Series: Snail Mail

Hey there guys!! I think this will be my last installment of the iPhone Nail series, I don't have play enough games so I don't know any others I want to do. Well sure this could come back in the future but I think this will be my final one for now (not like this is the most regular series). This was one of my favourite games like 7 years ago, so fun.

I feel like this is a lesser known game but you play as Turbo (the snail) and you collect packages and try to get to the post office. Which sounds easy but then there are enemies and salt and holes in the road, and it's in space so when you fall into a hole you fall into the galaxy. I don't think I ever completed this, maybe I did but I definitely made it to the final 50th level which was super fast and required you to get all the power ups to get past the enemies. It was really hard.
So for the design I did Turbo and one of the pink enemies (I've totally forgotten what they were, and Turbo said them in his annoying voice) also a crazy galaxy which I actually love the look of. Pirouette My Whistle isn't a glitter I normally use for galaxies but it's perfect and looks great here. I think this look captures the game really well and I really like it!!

As usual I freehanded, I added that weird dark purple bit on the snail for shading cause it looked a bit flat and while it's weird I still thought it kind of worked. I liked it enough to not paint over it. For the galaxies I just dabbed with sponges and then added glitter, this is why I love galaxies, they look so cool and are so easy to do.

Red-y Purple: Illamasqua - Seance
Purple: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina
Dark Purple: OPI - Plum & Get It
White: Barry M - Cotton
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Orange: OPI - Where Did Suzi's Man-go?
Silver: w7 - Silver Mirror
Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Grey: Barry M - Chai
Green: Etude House - No. 86
Glitter: OPI - Pirouette My Whistle
Yellow: Ciate - Loop the Loop
Teal: OPI - Sea You In Hollywood

Thank you so much for reading and have a lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment