Tuesday 19 May 2015

Black Nails: Ciaté - Chalkboard Paint

Hello there cool dudes(?)!! Man I haven't written in ages, I've made it through the first week of exams and not gonna lie it's been a rough week. Like really rough, exams are hard :( This is my intellectual comment I have to impart. So the backlog has been massive for ages so I'm trying to tackle it bit by bit. Starting with this swatch, this was my last polish to swatch but then I um bought more polish and those swatches will go up at some point ("some point" cause who knows when?). My best friend got me the Chalkboard manicure set for my birthday (which was another while ago) and I've done the set and it's cool, that'll go up at some point too haha :P

Chalkboard Paint is a matte black nail polish, a so-called chalkboard effect as is intended. Does what it says on the tin, black has never really been my colour. It's just so...not bright, which if you didn't know is basically my favourite things ever.

I don't know what interesting things to say about Ciaté that hasn't already been said, maybe this chalkboard manicure idea was stolen from a blogger but I don't know and don't get involved. In TK Maxx Ciaté is heavily discounted so like in the end I win :P

This chipped like nothing else, the chips were so massive and I attempted to paint those patches back but you can still kind of see it. The formula was pretty runny but pretty sure you can get full opacity with 2 coats. The chips were so horrendous though, it wasn't just tip wear like a chuck of a quarter of the polish would come off and I wasn't doing anything too crazy. See I probably won't wear this again (unless I do the chalkboard manicure again, and that is pretty cool) not only because of the colour but because of the ridiculous chips.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a really great day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hullo! :) I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a rough time lately, I hope any upcoming exams are easier :( Stay positive and do your best, thats all anyone can ask :) I like the look of this polish but I do think that matte can chip much easier! I guess it is great for nail art though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I hope so too. I'll try, that's great advice!! :) Agreed, it's v cool for nail art but I think matte polishes are notorious for chipping :/

      Delete