Monday 25 May 2015

Doodles on a chalkboard (Ciaté chalkboard manicure)

Hey there!! I said in a previous post that I would be showing the Ciaté chalkboard manicure and yeah I'm gonna go ahead and do that now haha. Not gonna lie I like it.

So I got the pens and just did some doodles which I suppose is the idea like a chalkboard. Got some stars, polka dots, rain, chevrons and an anchor. I took some of the ideas from the booklet, not gonna pretend I knew what I was going. I really like the polka dots, the more colours the better. But drawing it was fun and generally it was super fun to wear :)

So you get these pens and you just draw really, the nibs were pretty thick but that wasn't too much of a problem. Getting the pens starting to flow was the hard part, especially the pink one (which was not a hot pink as the pen suggested) seriously sat there violently stabbing the nib onto a pice of paper for quite a long amount of time, I gave up and did all the other colours before going back to the pink. I got it to work!!
After you're done you matte topcoat it (super legit matte topcoat, I've been using it a bunch), unfortunately the white smudged but that could've been my fault as I should've waited longer.

So all the stuff comes in the kit and it has instructions and ideas of what to paint. the idea is that water can rub out mistakes before you topcoat, Don't know how legit this is but I would just paint over the errors with the black.
See I like to do so many different things that I don't know think I'd do this again but I think I can find ways to incorporate the set into my nail art. But drawing it was so easy, literally like you're just drawing on something um easier than nails haha.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah this looks awesome, so colourful and bright! Nail art pens terrify me, I had some once and getting the flow started results in a huge splodge coming out all at once! I love how the thumb nail turned out but they all look fabulous and its great you enjoyed going freehand! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) I'm glad you liked the stars, bright and colourful is my favourite thing. I understand, I find its usually a good idea to test the pen on some paper before going on the nail cause I've had polish explosions on my nails and struggled to clean up after haha :)

      Delete