Wednesday 2 April 2014

Gimme Glitter: Nails Inc - Hampstead Court

Hi there!! Another Gimme Glitter from the Nails Inc Best Dressed Nails set. Yeah got a lot of glitter with that set and I'm always ok with that. Though I'm not the biggest fan of this one like the other ones, I think there's an extent to how much I like bar glitter.

Hampstead Court is full of medium length thick and thinner holographic bar glitter. Ok so you know I LOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE holographic glitter. But I'm not feeling this so much. I blame my base colour a bit , I should've gone for something darker. Yeah I don't like very much, I think I only like matte colourful bar glitter, cause that's fun. This just looks off, it doesn't look very nice basically.

This is part of the Fibre Optic range, Nails Inc has all kinds of ranges that I can't keep up. I'm looking up this Fibre Optic thing now. Ok it's really just a bunch of different coloured bar glitter. I see where this Fibre Optic thing is coming from though, clever Nails Inc, clever.

Lil' blurred holographic glitter shot
There was tons of glitter on the brush, 1 coat definitely would've been more than enough for the not glitter fanatics. It spread really really well, I used 2 coats for enough glitter. But even after topcoat the glitter was rough and had the odd bit sticking out (easy to take out though). I don't mind texture, but when it's actually rough and has the potential to hurt that's when I don't like it. I put Hampstead Court over OPI Sea You In Hollywood, Rimmel Azure and Color Club Sky High. Removal isn't easy either, putting it out there.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'd jump in the bandwagon with just glitter bars. More often than not, I'm avoiding them -- for now. But I do know they draw attention! Haha!! Rather than over dark colours, I'd wear it over silver base -- one that's not so sparkly so at least the bars get to shine. With so many types of bars going on, sometimes I think a simpler base would do. Aw, sorry to hear about the pokie-ness of these glitters. Hmm, I guess the manufacturers might wanna consider opting for thin/thinner holographic sheets if they were to do bar glitters. Otherwise, they'd keep sticking out =/

    Still, bars like these would make a terrific glitter gradient New Year's mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still kind of on the fence with bar glitter, I'm leaning on the good side but polishes like this put me back on the fence. I like what you're saying with the silver base :) Yeah normally the sticking out is something I can deal with (still don't like it though) but this one actually hurt me in my daily life, that's when it's too far. Oh yeah, the holographic is v NYE, over the right colours it could look great!! :)

      Delete