Thursday 10 April 2014

Floral + Geometric + Zig Zag Nails

Hi there guys!! I've never had a zig zag pattern on my nails before so there's a first for everything. I found a picture with a bunch of prints and I wondered what they would look like together. I obviously made the colour combination all crazy cause that's what I do. And I'd first like to start by apologising for my cuticles, they are shocking and I'm really sorry about that, but they were not getting any better :/

More sorrys for the cuticles
As eclectic as this is I really like it, probably I like eclectic. It's a big old jumble of flowers, shapes and zig zags. I like all the crazy colours too, crazy has always been a bit me. I think it all fits together in a weird way, as do the colours. I don't know, this is just really fun. The orange ties everything together (kind of, in my mind anyway :)).

 I started with the flowers, I got the red and pinks and used my toothpicks to paint the flowers then dab little dots of the different shades. I went one shape at a time then for the zig zags (which took a long time) I painted the lines, waited for them to dry properly before adding the next lines. But it was worth it, the outcome is really cool.

Orange: Rimmel - It's a Scorcher!
Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Light Pink: Per Una - Pink (no name)
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Teal: Barry M - Guava
Peach: w7 - Linen
Purple: OPI - My Current Crush
White: Barry M - Matt White
Blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street
Green: Barry M - Greenberry
Yellow: Topshop - Naked
Dark Purple: OPI - Plum & Get It

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Is it the cold weather there that's doing that to your cuticles? It's quite terrible, and I'm concerned.. that look like it hurts a lot (does it?). Would you want to consider taking a break from polishing (assuming, acetone might be drying your cuticles out too). Take time off, let them heal. Keep them moisturized. Use cuticle oil and hand cream lotions as often as you need (before bed, after washing hands). I use Sally Hansen Cuticle Oil, if you're wondering. I don't have specific hand creams to recommend since I tend to be quite random with them. And drink lots lots lots lots mighty lots of water. Remember, keep hydrated!

    (I quickly browse through some of your later post, glad to see it got better! but still, don't forget to keep yourself and cuticles moisturized! :P)

    Ahems, so yes finally back on topic. I love what you did! Well play of colours and shapes and patterns! Totally agree with you, orange sure was the base for these nail arts! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but it definitely could be, it only hurts at the beginning of a cut then it stops. That would be a great idea, and I'm going to, even though my cuticles aren't in too bad a state right now. My nail polish remover is acetone free and shame on me I've been picking my polish off a lot :/ I use the Burt's Bee Cuticle Cream every night (love that stuff, it's great, nearly finished this tub, it's like my 4th), clearly it's not enough cause every time I get rid of a cut another one forms, I don't know if it's just my cuticles being rubbish :/
      I'm quite random with my creams too but I like the Soap & Glory Hand Food. Thank you for your suggestions, I will try and drink more water, hydration is key, and I do love water. Oh yeah my cuticles are better now, I think this was a particularly bad spell, but yes all of your tips are very much relevant :)
      Haha thank you, I think it's quite an eclectic mix but I liked it, hehe yes orange is a boss base for nail art :)

      Delete