Friday 19 October 2012

Gradient Leopard Print

Hello there!!! I've been super busy this week, so no painting or blogging the past couple of days, but hopefully as the week is winding down I'll have a bit more time on my hands. I've kind of been going gradient crazy, it just ever since I perfected my gradient technique (it's still not very good :P) I've been doing lots. I've also apparently gone leopard print crazy too. But really, I want to do leopard prints all the time. It's amazing, to think there was a time I didn't like leopard print :O



This is potentially one of my favourite manicures I have ever done, as shown I combined leopard print and a gradient. I love it so much, I went into it without a clue with what I was doing. But sometimes it's better that way (most of the time, no). I started with a gradient.

Ok I had better lighting when I took that picture and it looked better once I added I Lily Love You, but it shows the bare bones of the gradient.
Light Pink: Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream
Middle Pink: Per Una - Pink (no name) (this really tied the gradient together)
Hot Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry 
Glitter: Barry M - Pink Iridescent and OPI - I Lily Love You
Light Blue: The Face Shop - BL601
Blue: Revlon - Dreamer
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
I loved the colours :)

Right hand picture, my photography skills were failing me as the lighting wasn't great and I was really shaky for some reason. I added the light blue spots. But I thought it didn't look right, and I always thought Charged Up Cherry and Dreamer would look really nice together so I went over the bottom spots with Dreamer, and voila. This happened. As mentioned before, I love it, I definitely love it more than I thought it would. I was also surprised that it worked, cause normally when I don't have a clue what I'm doing it never turns out right. But not this time, the gradient combined with leopard print fills my heart with joy with it's beauty ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment