Saturday 18 April 2015

Who's that Pokémon? Mareep!

Hey there guys, I have another "edition" of this Pokémon nail art thing. I love this series it's like my favourite, Pokémon is so great. This was my Chinese New Year manicure!! I told you this was going to be late. Cause you know Year of the Sheep/Ram. I had a party with my friends and family and it was so fun, Mario Kart was great. There were so many of us that we had to team and my friend and I actually did pretty damn well #kartmasters.

Mareep is so cute and my versions don't do it justice whatsoever, the proportions are totally off but I didn't let it ruin the manicure for me. Blue sheep are cute and then I used Nails Inc Regents Park for the accents cause I haven't used that polish in ages and I love how edgy it is. Though I don't think it was the best choice for the accent but oh well.
Mareep is a 2nd generation Pokémon and Ampharos got a mega evolution in Pokémon X and Y which is cool, man I want that game so bad.

I purposefully chose opaque polishes so I wouldn't have to do a base even if it meant the colours being slightly off. Except the yellow I had to do a white base for that. I started with the wool with toothpicks and the brush then did the blue face and legs with the same kind of technique. I went back with toothpicks and did all the other little details, this is where things went wrong. The face was hard to get right but I think I could settle with what I did.

Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Glitter: Nails Inc - Regents Park (Nails Inc have got all fancy now and I liked their old bottles)
Blue: Barry M - Malibu
Cream: Nails Inc - Sao Paulo Streets 
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Barry M - Matt White
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine
Pink: Orly - Basket Case
Brown: w7 - Brownie

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this manicure! I agree with you that mario karting with a good bunch of friends is really fun :D Maybe I am old school and only really know the first 150 pokemon the best but I do know mareep and I think you did a really good job, it is so cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! :) It's so much fun, I wish I could do it more!! Haha those are classic, there are so many Pokemon now, its hard to keep track ;) :)

      Delete
  2. OMG you know my love for pokémon, so of course I love this manicure, especially since your mareep is so cute! The face is really pretty, don't worry. The choice of the background colour is also great for a chinese new year manicure! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know!! I can see why, it's so great. Aw thank you!!! Yeah it was super fun, sometimes love a bit of red :)

      Delete